What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 iPad 2s password locked. HELP

jared2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had two old iPad 2s that my kids cracked the screens on. They were both jailbroken and on iOS 5.0.1. They have tons of the kids games, pictures, etc on them. The problem is that after I got them back from the repair shop (fixing the glass), they both have passwords on them (that my wife must have put on). Of course, it must have been something she would easily remember at the time (a year ago) but has NO CLUE what they are now (GRRRRRRRRR).

I have tried using iFunBox to delete out the Key and the springbord.plist, etc. But on some computers I plug them into, it tells me "This ipad is disabled" (obviously due to too many password attempts).

I've been looking at each of my computers to find a backup of the ipads, but I can't seem to find one.

One of them, I can bypass the password on (I don't know which one of my numerous attempts made that possible, but after it asks for password, I just hit the power button, then the slide to unlock comes up and lets me in...but if I try to plug it into iTunes, it says it's disabled as well).

My question is this: Is there any way for me to wipe these and get them back to working order AND JAILBROKEN. If I put it into DFU and RESTORE, it's going to update them to 6.1.3 (or 4).

Does anyone have any ideas?!?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is no way to bypass the security of the pass code. If you can't enter the proper code, you will have to restore it. Unfortunately, restoring an iPad means you'll have to upgrade to iOS 7.0.3.

Sorry, but Apple made that pass code very secure. There is no other way around it.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other post you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.*

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On iOS 5 you're fairly limited. On iOS 6, there may be a few other procedures you can try, but those are relative only to iOS 6. If you're looking to get the device to be anything more than an expensive paperweight, as Marilyn said, you'll need to 7.0.3. Hopefully you have a backup of your data saved.

OP
J

jared2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On iOS 5 you're fairly limited. On iOS 6, there may be a few other procedures you can try, but those are relative only to iOS 6. If you're looking to get the device to be anything more than an expensive paperweight, as Marilyn said, you'll need to 7.0.3. Hopefully you have a backup of your data saved.

So I'm on 5.0.1 and I've been to use TinyUmbrella to save my blobs. Is there NO way to restore and re-activate this on 5.0.1? or 5.1.1?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you still have SSH privileges, you can attempt to use ILEX R.A.T. to revert the device to stock while retaining a fresh barebone jailbreak on your device. Or, if you have both iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs, where the iOS 5 blobs also contains valid APTickets, you can upgrade to iOS 7, then downgrade to iOS 5.X by bridging iOS 4.

OP
J

jared2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you still have SSH privileges, you can attempt to use ILEX R.A.T. to revert the device to stock while retaining a fresh barebone jailbreak on your device. Or, if you have both iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs, where the iOS 5 blobs also contains valid APTickets, you can upgrade to iOS 7, then downgrade to iOS 5.X by bridging iOS 4.

wow...hmm.... Looks like I have some Googling to do...

OP
J

jared2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Willerz, it looks like ILEX RAT is installed from Cydia... I can't get into the ipad to run Cydia...

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can install it via USB or SSH through debian packaging using iFunBox or any SSH clients. Executing the 'rat' command can be done via SSH or USB tunneling

Most reactions

Latest posts