What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 password problem

seab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay when I went to retrieve my mail, I was asked to enter my password - which I did. I then got a message saying "Password Incorrect. Enter the password for the Exchange account -----. I was unsuccessful after several attempts and proceeded to change my password. I received notification from Apple that my password was changed; however I still receive the same "Password Incorrect" message.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In most cases, deleting the email account and setting it up again will solve the problem.
If you set up 2-step-verification, you'll need an app-specific password. Access the email account through a browser to find this out.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

seab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. I realized I was having a "DUH" moment and was confusing my Apple password with my email provider password.

Most reactions

Latest posts