What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word Processing App for iPad 4

Crb2099

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a simple but useful word processing app. Here's the functions that I need:

-Basic formatting (bold, ital, etc.)
-saves files locally
-also saves files in the cloud (Dropbox preferred over iCloud)
-saves files as .doc or .docx (at least one)
-can edit .doc or .docx file (but I don't care too much about preserving complex formatting)
-doesn't crash like CRAZY
-no type lag

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to waste money buying 50 apps to find the right one. If you want, feel free to list any pros/cons you see with the app you use. I prefer to hear from those who actively use the app they're recommending but all suggestions are appreciated.

CRB

OP
C

Crb2099

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages is the best, by far. I use it on both my ipad and MacBook Pro for writing my novels. Well worth the money.

Thanks! I don't think Pages exports to .doc format. Can I open a pages file in MS Word for Mac? What about Word for PC?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pages exports in .doc format. Get it. You won't regret it.

Word does not exist for the iPad, and despite rumors, we have no idea whether it ever will be.

Looking at your wishlist, Pages covers it all.

OP
C

Crb2099

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! That's hugely helpful.

fefasuarez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick Office works. It has all the Microsoft programs: powerPoint, Excel, Word

Most reactions