What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless network security and iPad issues

thom1960

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's the deal. I finally got around to locking my wireless router but when I did the signal on my iPad 3g and iPhone 4 dropped from full to 1 little dot. I have not signed up for 3g coverage and cellular data is off. They still worked, but slow. It never asked me for a password. I can't get it to ask for one and don't know how to put one in. I went back into my router and turned security off and both signals came back to full. Did this several times with same result. My laptop works the way it should. Asked for a password, put it in a voila! HELP! Tired of neighbors sucking my bandwidth and God knows what else. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
After talking with thom1960 in the IRC chat the solution we came up with was simply to go into the wifi settings for the network and tell the ipad to forget the network. Then on the next attempt to connect with the wifi network it prompted for the new WPA2 key and started working as it should.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He could also use mac filtering to restrict which machines can log on to his modem.

Make the leechers life as difficult as possible....

Most reactions