What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wireless bluetooth Scanner

Howieg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know a model bluetooth scanner that is compatible with IPAD 2?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Still nothing.

Though since the thread was started there has been at least one new solution on the wi-fi front: Doxie Go

I think there was another, similar, product announced at the last CES, but I don't remember what it was called. . . .

Ah, there it is. Mustek S400 Docking Station

But not yet released.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to know as well.

Hi Panagrass-I do not have an answer for the OP's question-sorry. Perhaps the response from twerppoet could help you.

Meanwhile...Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain many sections that cover the iPad *App Store, Help, General Discussion, Accessories, Ipad Education and Business. The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php

If you have not already, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Finally, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

Last edited:

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-1312187191.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If we are talking about page scanners, then one of the Doxie scanners (probably the Doxie Go) might meet your needs. None of them use BlueTooth, but instead use a combination of USB, Wi-Fi or cloud services to sync.

If you don't scan very often and have a 3rd gen iPad or later (because you need a decent camera), you might find that an app like Scanner Pro will fit your needs. While the results are not as good as you would get with a dedicated scanner, they are certainly good enough for record keeping and other less demanding uses. And you don't need to cary around anything extra.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They were talking about a bar code scanner . My screen shot show what happens when u tap the app which looks like a bar code.

The type of scanner for documents etc. works similarly. What I use on iPad 3 is called DocScan HD. When tapped it opens to this screen.

image-1622009344.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts