What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Bluetooth headsets with the Ipad?

kennyob46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ur iPad is fine, the headsets are using an older version of the bluetooth standard. they wont work with your iPad which has 1.2 i think. i had to get rid of my jawbone for this reason and it wasnt even a year old.
yea-pretty lame-i had a bluetooth headset i just bought at x-mas that was considered too old for the ipad

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Jabra Clipper. Works well with iPhone and iPad. And the real benefit is it's battery lifetime and that you can connect any headset with it.

Jabra-CLIPPER.jpg

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Sennheiser works great!!!!!!!!!

After much frustration of trying to sinc up my 2 LG Bluetooth headsets, I gave up and bought the Sennheiser MM400s. Very pricey, but I found a better deal on eBay than at the Apple Store.

The sad thing is, there is no way to use the microphone part of the headset because the profiles or drivers needed for headset mic use are nonexistent.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke out my year old Insignia NS-BTHDP bluetooth headset and they work great. I am really amazed with the range of this headset (my iPad is in my bedroom on my nightstand (second level of home) and I'm on the first level in my dining room and not one drop.

Bad thing with these is they are not comfortable laying your head back. Also the the rew/fwd do not work (volume up/down and pause/play do work by the way).

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Sennheiser's sound great, and the wireless range is good, but stlll cannot use the microphone for Skype calls. Had I known that, I certainly would not have bought them.

drzizzaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No body has mentioned the Nokia BH505 yet? I purchased a pair form allthingswireless.co.uk few months back and they are great.... They are a hell of allot cheaper than Sennheisser MM200

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jawbone Era (and Icon) work like a dream. Interesting enough, that it can connect simultaneous with the iPhone (yes both at the same time), so you could use it for Skype/Viper on the iPad and have the iPhone standby at the same time.

The Noise-Assassin technology is by far the best I have seen so far. I talk a lot on the phone, when I'm driving and the other caller very often doesn't even notice, that I'm not in my office.

This demo-video's on Jawbone's website are not a lie!!! It is customizable and it's talk time is about 5h, which is for the given size and weight a dream.

images

Battery status is displayed in the iPhone's display and volume is adjusted via the switch at the iPhone (or on the Jawbone Era).

And NO - I'm not working for Jawbone and I'm not reselling it…

:D

Just love the thing - it is, in my eyes, by far the best headset in years money can buy.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus. Has A2DP. Multipoint. I use it with my Ipad2 and IPhone 4. Highly recommended. Great for use with Stitcher, MLB At Bat, and Netflix!

Temp42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thenerdynurse.com
I saw a ton of Stylish and small bluetooth headsets at CES2011, but they were very expensive.
I am hoping that the price points on them come down within the next year.

hollienoel7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kheldour said:
Jawbone Era (and Icon) work like a dream. Interesting enough, that it can connect simultaneous with the iPhone (yes both at the same time), so you could use it for Skype/Viper on the iPad and have the iPhone standby at the same time.

The Noise-Assassin technology is by far the best I have seen so far. I talk a lot on the phone, when I'm driving and the other caller very often doesn't even notice, that I'm not in my office.

Battery status is displayed in the iPhone's display and volume is adjusted via the switch at the iPhone (or on the Jawbone Era).

And NO - I'm not working for Jawbone and I'm not reselling it…

:D

Just love the thing - it is, in my eyes, by far the best headset in years money can buy.

Me too I've only had my jawbone era a few weeks and I absolutely love it! I got it off of eBay new in retail package for around $60. I use it with my iPad 2 and my my touch 4g so for all those people that need an awesome Bluetooth that will work with apple and droid this is it!

Hollie Noel

namidjah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Sennheisser MM200, works greats!

Hi planemechanic,

I also have a MM200 and I am not able to pair this headset with my iPad 2. Do you have an instruction or an how to to get the MM200 paired with my iPad 2.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
namidjah

dpx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried my Jawbone Era on my iPad2 for skype. First glitch I've found.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dpx said:
I just tried my Jawbone Era on my iPad2 for skype. First glitch I've found.

I discovered that Skype does not support any Bluetooth products. My jawbone Jambox only works on Skype with a wired connection. Skype better get with it!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

JimBrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't using Skype with a Bluetooth headset still unsupported on an iPhone? This was the case not long ago caused by the Bluetooth stack. I assume the iPad uses one much the same.

Most reactions