What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Bluetooth headsets with the Ipad?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andylau said:
Do they have bluetooth headsets?

Yes. Some of the nicest I tried. I bought an active noise canceling over the ear model. It's wonderful.

-t

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
myracook said:
Whether the iPad is secure enough for enterprise use is debatable, based on a survey of several analysts and experts.

Millions are in use in the enterprise at all levels. The analysts are whacked.

-t

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jawbone Era (and Icon) work like a dream. Interesting enough, that it can connect simultaneous with the iPhone (yes both at the same time), so you could use it for Skype/Viper on the iPad and have the iPhone standby at the same time.

The Noise-Assassin technology is by far the best I have seen so far. I talk a lot on the phone, when I'm driving and the other caller very often doesn't even notice, that I'm not in my office.

This demo-video's on Jawbone's website are not a lie!!! It is customizable and it's talk time is about 5h, which is for the given size and weight a dream.

images

Battery status is displayed in the iPhone's display and volume is adjusted via the switch at the iPhone (or on the Jawbone Era).

And NO - I'm not working for Jawbone and I'm not reselling it…

:D

Just love the thing - it is, in my eyes, by far the best headset in years money can buy.

Is this really true, You can use the "Jawbone era" with skpe? As in the sykpe app on your ipad work ?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
myracook said:
Whether the iPad is secure enough for enterprise use is debatable, based on a survey of several analysts and experts.

Millions are in use in the enterprise at all levels. The analysts are whacked.

-t

The fact that millions are in use doesn't necessarily prove that the iPad is sufficiently secure for enterprise use depending upon the enterprise in question and how they are "in use."

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we stay on subject please, I hate it when the title of a post goes off on a tangent, makes it hard to find a subject when do a search.
I am really hoping some one can help with finding the rite blue tooth headset for my purposes, this thread so far has been the most informative on the net so far.

machtron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really had a problem similar tot the same and I bought the motorola s9 HD. It default comes with a blue tooth dongle and the same is working with other bluetooth head set like Sony plantronics etc with A2dp. Try the same but the cost is more I bought it for 40 $
Cheers

TraumaBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will throw another "headset" into the basket, the Turtle Beach PX5. I know this BT headset is a departure from the small earbud headsets being mentioned, but for my purposes they work. I use the headsets to listen to music and movies, why then not listen to them on Dolby 5.1. They are comfortable to wear for the 2 hrs or more of viewing or whatever you may be doing. I can answer my iPhone with the headset if it rings while I'm busy. Large headsets are street fashionable now if that is an important factor. Great sound quality for music lovers and voice feedback into speakers to stop you raising your voice overly. As I said earlier this headset suits me and what I do and IMO deserves a mention.

winmorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth headset use

Is this really true, You can use the "Jawbone era" with skpe? As in the sykpe app on your ipad work ?[/QUOTE]

I'm hearing impaired and have found that a bluetooth headset with my phone gives me great sound quality. Is it possible to use the Jawbone or any other bluetooth headset so that I can hear Skype calls using Skype on my iPad 2?
Thanks very much for any help.

winmorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluetooth and skype question for hearing impairment

dpx said:
I just tried my Jawbone Era on my iPad2 for skype. First glitch I've found.

I discovered that Skype does not support any Bluetooth products. My jawbone Jambox only works on Skype with a wired connection. Skype better get with it!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Hi...I just saw your note about Skype not working with a bluetooth headset of any sort and you mentioned a wired connection. I'm very hearing impaired and have found that I can hear very well with a bluetooth headset for my cell phone. Can you tell me how I would get a wired connection to the iPad 2? I'm really hoping to be able to use Skype but without a headset connection (that is, with just the iPad's speakers), I have a hard time deciphering the sound. Thanks very much for any help, Win Morgan (I tried to send a private message about this but didn't have enough posting history.)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we stay on subject please, I hate it when the title of a post goes off on a tangent, makes it hard to find a subject when do a search.
I am really hoping some one can help with finding the rite blue tooth headset for my purposes, this thread so far has been the most informative on the net so far.

My apologies for contributing to that threadjack...And further apologies for the apology. :)

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
winmorgan said:
Hi...I just saw your note about Skype not working with a bluetooth headset of any sort and you mentioned a wired connection. I'm very hearing impaired and have found that I can hear very well with a bluetooth headset for my cell phone. Can you tell me how I would get a wired connection to the iPad 2? I'm really hoping to be able to use Skype but without a headset connection (that is, with just the iPad's speakers), I have a hard time deciphering the sound. Thanks very much for any help, Win Morgan (I tried to send a private message about this but didn't have enough posting history.)

The wired connection that I am talking about is just using the mini headphone output jack on the iPad (on the side with the on/off switch) to plug in an external speaker like my jawbone Jambox. You could also use wired ear buds or headphones of course. I also have poor hearing and find the iPad speaker almost useless.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this really true, You can use the "Jawbone era" with skpe? As in the sykpe app on your ipad work ?

I'm hearing impaired and have found that a bluetooth headset with my phone gives me great sound quality. Is it possible to use the Jawbone or any other bluetooth headset so that I can hear Skype calls using Skype on my iPad 2?
Thanks very much for any help.[/QUOTE]

Hi winmorgan, yes I too am hoping some one will answer this question to. I have googled, and got conflicting answers, here in Australia a jawbone era is $100, so I don't fancy lashing out that Kinda money for nothing

Most reactions

Latest posts