What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Bluetooth headsets with the Ipad?

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried wireless Bluetooth headsets with thier Ipad? If so, what brand of wireless Bluetooth headsets would you recommend?

Thanks for any input.

Tagg

dks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also interested in finding a bt wireless headset for use with ipad (& also my mac pro & my cell phone... but I am finding that is too much to ask for)

I recently contacted JayBird about their SB1 sportsband this is their message:

"Thank you for contacting JayBird online support. The SB1 Sportsband works great with the iPad. The mac pro needs to have built in A2DP stereo Bluetooth for it to pair. If you are not sure if your Mac Por has built in A2DP stereo Bluetooth we recommend you contact Apple Support with the model as they should know.
The Motorola cell phone also needs to have built in A2DP stereo Bluetooth to work. Please be aware that the Motorola Droid is not compatible with our SB1 Sportsband

For more information on our JayBird Sportsband, please visit Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones : Wireless iPod Nano Touch Headphones : Wireless Computer Headphones : Mp3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com "

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For voice I use either Apple's BT headset, or the Plantronics.

For anythings else like music or movies I prefer the Bose Quiet Comfort 3 - Noise Cancellation Headsets.

Lisa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so whats the verdict?
which one should i opt for?
i need them mostly for entertainment stuff like movies,music etc?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so whats the verdict?
which one should i opt for?
i need them mostly for entertainment stuff like movies,music etc?

Depends on three things:

Comfort, sound quality and pricetag

Easy to handle and quiet a good sound seems to be the Sennheiser MM200. In Europe they are about €100.

Best sound, weight, etc. but corded IMHO are the Bose. But expensive though. US$349

lamlam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wat abt bluetooth wireless earpiece ??
any recommendation ??
i tried the jabba at the store but the sound is too soft even after i push the volume all the way up .... and the sales person couldn't explain why is it so ... :mad:

coyote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
lenscraft.com
I tried the Sennheiser MM450, but returned it because there were two problems:
1) The noise cancellation wasn't very good.
2) The bluetooth connection sometimes resulted in a noticeable lag, which made movies unwatchable.

I ended up getting a pair of Bose QuietComfort 15's. Don't like the cord, but they're very comfortable and sound good.

Coyote

Jandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth

I have been using a Motorola S9 bluetooth headset for a couple of years. It works good but I have to say they do become uncomfortable after awhile. I use a Plantronics Discovery 925 with my Iphone and it works great.

ironbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be patient and wait until June when Jaybird is launching their "Blue buds". They look like they are going to be awesome!
No I don't work for them, they will just be the smallest bluetooth buds on the market.

joe.niles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
motorola headset

I've tried two motorola Bluetooth headsets and the iPad can not discover them. Also tried one Jabra and it also did not work. Both are about 2 years old. Could there be a problem with the iPad. My Bluetooth keyboard works great.

Joe

dw8928

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ur iPad is fine, the headsets are using an older version of the bluetooth standard. they wont work with your iPad which has 1.2 i think. i had to get rid of my jawbone for this reason and it wasnt even a year old.

Most reactions