What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wired iPad App Sells 24, 000 Copies On Its First Day

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wired.JPG

Wired.com’s Epicenter blog reports today that Wired sold 24,000 copies of its iPad app in the first 24 hours since Tuesday night when it was made available for download in Apple’s iPad App store. This was after Business Insider had estimated that Wired would probably only sell around 3,000 copies on its first day.

Conde Nast , Wired’s publishers, have said that they plan many more innovative features in the next few months, as part of a continuing development process. As Epicenter points out, the real proof of the pudding for new magazine apps is whether they can sustain the interest of their readership after the initial novelty factor has worn off. They also need to sort out some decent subscription packages that are attractive enough to encourage customers to sign up for the long term. Currently you can only buy individual copies of the Wired iPad app for $5.00, which is the same as the cover price of the print version.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: Wired

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, maybe they'll have to do a reprint, lol ;) Kind of puts GQs sales of (I think) 365 into perspective though, doesn't it?

Pete

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I of course disagree with the pricing... but good for them... the more publishing successes, the more others will publish to the iPad... and that's good for everyone.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine using 500mb for a magazine. Especially for those with 16GB iPads.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I can't imagine using 500mb for a magazine. Especially for those with 16GB iPads.

Subscribe to 1 or 2 mags, no problem... delete each issue when done... archive on PC/Mac....

A magazine freak would have to have a 64 though..... It's all good... I'm already saving for my 3 gen iPad 256 gig.....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, maybe they'll have to do a reprint, lol ;) Kind of puts GQs sales of (I think) 365 into perspective though, doesn't it?

Pete

It might have to do with the fact Wired is a rather cool mag, and GQ sucks........

J/K

I kid.....I KID!!!!!

Hey, I read them both!

But I only paid for the Wired app because the GQ App got really horrible reviews like "thinly veiled PDF in app form" and some were not so nice. :eek:

I'll stick to paper GQ until they figure out the internets.

Stracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody know if other additions will be cheaper? I know the initial app cost alot and it included the June issue....will upcoming issues be the same price or will they be cheaper? I purchased the app to show support for digital mags in general, but I wont buy another if it is the same price.

Most reactions

Latest posts