What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GQ Sells Just 365 iPad Apps of Men of the Year Issue

Solitar6y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing a different magazine might do better. GQ??? Who reads that?

Lot's of people do, as evidenced by the few on here who mentioned they do. I live in NYC, and while I do like to be fashion forward, the magazine has some surprisingly deep (and sometimes funny) editorial opinions on politics, world events, and people.

Finnedog said:
Give it away for a year, if people like it they will pay for it.
I read GQ. I like the fashion, tech, health and girls. I think the problem is, after reading the reviews is that the production costs are really zero. People say it works just like a PDF. Boring! If people want to charge money for an iPad magazine, it HAS to be cool.

I couldn't agree more. While its nice to see that they made money without incurring any additional overhead, any pdf port of a magazine will ultimately lose out. 2.99 seems like too much to charge for an e-copy of a magazine with no added value aside from convenience. I'm an avid GQ subsriber. make it engaging, and make it interactive, and they'll have my subscription for sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts