What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard? :)

Gamingipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys ,

This a question for the guys that have winterboard installed on their ipad.
I heard alot of bad things about winterboard that it drains your battery fast with the themes etc..

Know i wanna now if you noticed any problems / noticable battery drainage

Thanks anyway :)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent had one single problem with winterboard. I posted in a similar thread n u will see the ton of themes i have installed along with other cydia apps. People need to read the desriptions of theme or app b4 downloading. To make sure itll wrk wirh ipad. Even ones that dont completely still let u change it bck and respring and u good. The other post was asking what are some good winterboard themes and i replied listing a partial list of what i have. A good amount also. ;-)

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems here with winterboard and some cydia stuff installed

Sorash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok gays i leed explanaciones plz. I jailbreak my iPad, instaled cydia,n even winterboard but i don't know wat it is or how does it work? Do I need it on my iPad n how can I removed? I got stuff from cydia that I don't want but can't removed when hold the home scream plz HELP. Ohhh by the way how do I type with cap letters without holding the arrow key? tHXs.. Sorash.

sdf34sdf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why did you install winterboard when you have no idea what it does?
It looks Ike you don't have much idea of what you are doing with the jailbreak.
Better start reading some stuff before you just install stuff you have no idea about!

If you want to deinstall stuff you have to open cydia, tap on Manage -> Packages and pick the package you want do uninstall. Then on the top right you will see a button modify. Hit that and select remove. BE CAREFUL -ON,Y REMOVE STUFF YOU INSTALLED!! don't install stuff that comes as standard with cydia!

When you want to write in caps you have to go to settings, keyboard and enable caps lock. Double tap the shift arrow and it goes blue which means you enabled capslock.

Mrbojenglz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent had one single problem with winterboard. I posted in a similar thread n u will see the ton of themes i have installed along with other cydia apps. People need to read the desriptions of theme or app b4 downloading. To make sure itll wrk wirh ipad. Even ones that dont completely still let u change it bck and respring and u good. The other post was asking what are some good winterboard themes and i replied listing a partial list of what i have. A good amount also. ;-)

Do themes that work for ipad always say so in the description? I'm looking at some random themes and I haven't seen one mention about being good or bad for the ipad so I'm not sure if I should download it. Don't wanna do any damage.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mrbojenglz said:
Do themes that work for ipad always say so in the description? I'm looking at some random themes and I haven't seen one mention about being good or bad for the ipad so I'm not sure if I should download it. Don't wanna do any damage.

You can always uninstall.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Unfortunately, it doesnt always say. Its just trial n error. Shouldnt be any issues though. If it dont wrk or dont look good, go bck to winterboard settings, uncheck the theme n respring. Then u good. Go bck to cydia , go to installed, click on that theme, press modify tab, then uninstall.
Alot of those temes are older and dnt wrk too well with ios 4.2.1. I mean they wrk, but didnt account for folders n such. Trial n error finding out which ones r good with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts