What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Home-Wallpaper does not work

chico92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sry for my english, I'm from germany...

I have an jailbroken Ipad 2 32GB/3G and Winterboard installed.
The problem is I can't change my wallpaper with my normal photos, it remains black. But I can change my lockscreen-wallpaper with normal photos. And i can change my home-wallpaper with winterboard themes which have wallpapers in it and i can change it to video wallpaper. But I can't change it with my normal photos. I have tried everything like restart, deinstall winterboard, clocl on user wallpaper but it still doesn't work.
I hope you can understand me.

Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! And, welcome to the forum (your English is great, BTW - wish I had a second language...and was able to be fluent in it).

Anyway.

About your wallpaper(s), try this:

Go to the WinterBoard app (either via the icon/app or via the iPad's Settings app). Pick the "Select Themes" option. One of the options you are provided, by default, in Winterboard, is "User Wallpaper." Ensure (1) that option is selected and (2) that it's above any other theme you may have loaded.

After checking it, respring the iPad and, hopefully, you'll be able to show off your personal wallpaper(s). Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
C

chico92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes...
I tried to reset all my settings once and then i had some problems because it didn't begin to load, so i had to bring it to DFU mode... My jailbreaks was still their. Since then my ipad sometimes gets to the safe mode if I close apps with the home button. Today it happened again and suddenly my home wallpaper was their. But i went out of safe mode and it disappeared again...

OP
C

chico92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I know that's why i talked in past tense.
But some other ideas?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It actually sounds as if you have a rogue tweak loaded from Cydia (cause you describe how you keep going into Safe Mode). Try uninstalling all tweaks you installed before you started seeing this behavior on your iPad. Then, put them back on, one by one, until you find the one that causes your iPad to go into Safe Mode.

If that doesn't work/help, give us a list of your installed tweaks and we'll try to find the one that's probably causing you the trouble.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
C

chico92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Problem is it didn't happen before i tried to reset all my settings. So actually everything was fine with my tweaks and i did not change anything then i tried to reset and had to bring it in dfu mode... and then this problem accured. You understand?
But the safe mode problem is not the worst. I cant change my home wallpaper thats annoying...

skunkfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you reset your iPad but...

Did you ever have vwallpaper? The video wallpaper mod? I uninstalled and it fixed my problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts