What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you buy the iPad 2?

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, am not interested in a 7" rumored screen size. I have been able to set my IPad up so It replaces my net book for all things other than when I need to access my accounting data. Love DropBox and DocumentsToGo.

Rcairncross76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that it is better to wait at least for the iPad 4 or whenever mines died. I doubt the iPad 2 wil be a huge improvement and I want to wait for a dual core processor and equal or better battery life, I know big ask.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way, if I replace my iPad anytime in the near future it will be with a MacBook Air. Bigger screen, faster processor, more memory, almost the same weight, and a whole more functionality.

There is so much wrong with that statement. :(

Anyways....I might. It depends on what it can do over this version.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably not, my laptop is 2 years old and I'm still happy (after doing some OS and memory upgrades)...same will be for the iPad. I'll probably wait til 4 but maybe 3 depends.... OR if a great deal comes up I'll jump!

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would consider it. If it was just for the camera then I could leave it. The only thing is, with a camera, that could mean more video editing apps for the ipad which isn't currently the case.
If it has usb capable of viewing all files and not just pictures, I would definitely think hard about getting it.

I don't need a camera for face time because I am not interested in that kind of hook up. I have the iphone 3gs and have no intention of going to iphone 4 because its main selling point does not interest me at all.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nah, this 32gb wifi does what I need and I can't see me rushing out to get the next one. I didn't get this one til the end of November. before I got it everyone was telling me to wait for the next one because it will have a camera...I don't chat so I saw no need. and I also said that the way technology is improving, I will always be "waiting for the next one". I am quite happy with what i have...if anything I will get another MacBook first.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was think of MacBook air for my next laptop, however seen I'll be spending around £900 on the air, may aswell spend a bit more and get a MacBook pro- more value for money.

MacBook air is basically an iPad however iPad, after iOS 4.2, has been reporting to make the air useless!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With phones I generally only go a year to a year and a half but the big difference is the subsidized pricing. Paying full price for the iPad means people will generally hold on to them longer. There is a big difference between 200-300 vs 500-900 dollars. People generally don't get a new pc every year. I think that the lack of subsidized pricing means it will be slower sales than they expect as the generations progress, especially after all the competition rolls in the market will get quickly saturated with tablets. I will likely wait to upgrade mine for 3-4 years unless it dies before then.

Almost exactly what I said in another thread. I have gotten every version of iPhone, but have had same computers for years at a time.
I also just got an iPad, so a new one in 4 months would be ridiculous. This one does everything I want. I don't use Face Time as it is, and like someone else said, I'm not about to use a 9'7" device to snap a picture. I don't store movies and TV either. And I don't have my music library on it either so don't need more RAM then the 16 GB I have, which even in iPhone has like 11 free even with all the apps I have, plus some music and photos. My primary use is reading books, web surfing, and using apps, all of which this first version is most sweet at doing.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I will unless the iPad 2 is downsized to 7 inches. I am hoping for it to be the current size just lighter and thinner.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am happy with what I have, I don't need a camera and its fast enough for me.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With several win/ mac computers and a couple of iPads I don't need any more as all my comp needs are meet with what I have.

Still I expect I will buy the new iPad solely for the camera.
Not for FaceTime but solely for the ability to quickly snap pages, quotes and notes etc. and store them in Evernote. It really has become the most used program on all my machines.

Most reactions

Latest posts