What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much does the iPad 2 have to have?

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much does the iPad 2 have to have before you think of getting one? I think from what I read .... rumors I would be crazy spending $900 on the iPad 2. Cameras not for me, can not see me going anywhere with my iPad where I would not have a camera on my phone or a real camera. I read that facetime on the iPhone is a bust.... what a surprise. Better screen resolution would be nice but it would not be enough for me to spend $900 on a new device. If Apple sold content that only worked on iPad 2... well that would annoy me but may get me closer to buying the next generation. To get me spend $900 I have to get something other than a camera and facetime, that I can do with the next generation iPad that I can not do now. Better battery life, increased storage. Even then I have to think twice about upgrading. Oh well that is just me, I know Apple fanboys are nuts. Apple can stick a new logo on the same device and at least half the fanboys would line up with their credit cards to buy it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can you make any decisions when no one has a clue to when and what the new iPad will have. If you base your purchase decisions on rumours then so be it. What decision you make is your decision if the shoe fits wear it other wise keep what you have. Take a holiday or ride a bike do something for 3 months then when the latest iPad is released make you decision then if not an iPad maybe something else will please you........

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ummm ....get so bored with lazy people mouthing about fanboys....why do you think they became fans?

In my case because I had previous good experiences with apple products so I was reasonably certain the iPad would provide a comparable experience. It did.

All this crap about marketing, product placement and cool factor are just that. The arrogance of assuming you're the only one not taken in by the "reality distortion field" is insulting to people who take care to explore a product before parting with their hard earned cash.

If it's good people will buy it.
If not there are plenty of competitors in the wings, including the new macbook airs.

If I sound irritable I am. Just spent a morning removing an anti-virus update that made my win7 box unworkable....
A computer is a tool. It should just bloody work.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't need the current version of iPAD right away, and you can wait, why thinking only of iPAD2 . I am sure there would be othe Tablets better then the current iPAD, but maybe less then iPAD2.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think the iPad 2 will be designed to entice people to upgrade. That will probably be the 2012 iPad. Apple pretty much knows the average user holds on to a device for two years, especially for the price Apple charges.

If the thing makes my coffee and has a jet pack so I can fly to work I might be interested. Otherwise none of the rumored features are likely to convince me.

OP
T

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not everybody is a fanboy, I am not. If it is good people will buy it? That is the defining way fanboys think. It is not enough to be good if you own an iPad now, because even though the iPad does not have Flash it is good. Some people do not run out and buy everything Steve Jobs sells because they can not afford to spend $900 each year for a minor upgrade. The iPad 2 has to be an order of magnitude better than the iPad or I will not buy?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
" If it is good people will buy it? That is the defining way fanboys think."
Nope just the way most people approach a purchase. If it ain't good why the hell buy it?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First you have to define "good."

What is good to one person might be crap to another.

Good example is, surprise surprise, the iPad. I'm far from a fanboy, it's actually my first Apple product, but I thought it was good enough to get. For other people, it doesn't fit what they want/need, so to them, it's no good.

Technician, in your posts, all you have said is *me*me*me*me*, not good enough to *me*, not worth it to *me.* Your opinion does not equal the opinion of every other person on the planet. You read that Facetime was a bust, but I know several people here who absolutely love it and use it on a daily basis. A camera may not be enough for YOU to upgrade, but there are plenty of people out there who are excited about the front facing camera.

Where do you get $900 from anyways? I doubt the entry level iPad will see a price increase, it will still most likely be $499.

You might call me a fanboy for this, but guess what? I'm not buying another iPad, I'm buying an Android tablet next time, so no, I'm not a fanboy.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, most of people here talk in US dollars when we refer to price. I guess if you are talking about maxing out the specs, then it does come in around $900 USD. But I think that's very overpriced anyways, which is why I got the base model.

I'd rather pick up a high quality Android tablet (once 3.0 comes out) with 16GB for about $400-$500 and a 32GB MicroSD card for $50.

$900 for an iPad is a bit over the top for me, but I know some people are willing to spend that.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that unless the ipad2 has LOTS of new stuff, I'm sticking with this one. Im still loving it. If I get tired of this one, I may just go back to knitting!

Most reactions