What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you buy 2nd gen?

adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, my iPhone has all the things I could want my iPad to have, so I don't see the need of another camera: would be really clumsy to use too I think.

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only if there are major changes like a camera. And a tricorder option :)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if it has a bigger hard drive ok.. but if has a camera no ..for me i if i want to take pictures i get a camera and take pictures of the places i vist for i have no use for a camera on a ipad ..

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nope. Wont jump to a 2nd gen. I dont see one coming out this year anyway. As long as they are having difficulty keeping up with supply, why roll out a new generation?

I bought the iPad for what it is right now. I'll probably use it a couple of years at least. When I feel like I've had my money's worth from this one, I'll look at what else is on the market (should be several tablets by then I hope) and decide what next.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was deciding about waiting till 2nd Gen to buy one or get one now. And I think I am going to get one in August and get the new iPhone in August also. I don't care about a camera, I don't video chat and use a regular camera if I need pictures or always have my phone with me.

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the base 16GB iPad WiFi, and will probably get the 3G 64GB. I like the fast graphics and screen quality for viewing photos while on the road and even at home. I can view photos better on the iPad than on my MacBook Pro. Due to my many photos, I'm out of the 16GB memory now. When the 2nd gen iPad comes out, it depends on the new features, but so far, I like what iPad can do. It would be nice to get more connectivity (e.g. file sharing), but we'll see.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I most likley will get the 2nd gen... It depends on what Apple adds, however, I'd be supprised if they werent able to get me! LOL I hope they learn a lot about what people want and react.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone besides me find it hilarious that people are talking about buying the second generation unit when the paint isn't even dry on the rollout model?

Talk about early adopters. No clue what the next gen will even offer so why would I consider buying one?

iamfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone besides me find it hilarious that people are talking about buying the second generation unit when the paint isn't even dry on the rollout model?

Talk about early adopters. No clue what the next gen will even offer so why would I consider buying one?

I was thinking the same thing!

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My plan was always to pick up a mid-range 1st gen model, use the six months or so to iron out the kinks in the workflow, then pick up the more 'complete' second gen. My money's on a webcam, a RAM boost, possibly a processor speed-bump, and an increase in capacity at the top end to 128Gb (possibly keeping the 16Gb as the entry-level but with a price cut, though I'd be surprised) - or any combination of the above, and not necessarily all at once!

Anyway, I'm in for a second gen, as long as there are clear benefits over the one I'm typing this on ;)

Pete

Last edited:

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I plan on keeping the 1st gen forever! it's my first one. Helln yeah I'll buy 2nd, 3rd, 4th even! I'll end up rotating!

OP
C

Carl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it dose have a camera I'd want it front facing only for webcam conferencing :D

I love the ipad :D

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Blame it on Apple's business model with the iPhone. . I've had a LOT of people tell me they like the iPad, but they'll wait until the nicer, cheaper 2nd generation so they don't get burned again, like when they bought the first iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts