What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the iPad 3 be 3D?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3D TV and blu ray system. Used it once. The glasses are ridiculous, and it gives me a blinding headache. Unless they improve the technology, I wouldn't buy a 3D iPad. Unless they put a quad core CPU in it :)

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
I have a 3D TV and blu ray system. Used it once. The glasses are ridiculous, and it gives me a blinding headache. Unless they improve the technology, I wouldn't buy a 3D iPad. Unless they put a quad core CPU in it :)

Jeff,
Am already wearing glasses, and I wouldn't even bother wearing something on top of it, else it would have to be something like the filter screen we used on the old CRT monitors....lol. Okay, having said that I am not voting for 3D....

davi62108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No that's going a little too far I think!

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would certainly not be a reason for me to upgrade. That technology needs some more work IMO. I'll just stick to enjoying 3D at IMAX for now. :p

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I think Apple would create something that's 3D without glasses and it would be effective. I mean come on now. Apple doesn't put out garbage(cough besides that antenna issue cough). It's Apple! They waited almost a full year to put out the white iPhone. They aren't going to risk sales for one of their best products by putting out suck.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they restrict so many features on their products because they want their products to look top notch. Then know way are they going to produce something that you need glasses to view.

wasabinuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3D is such a gimmick and nowhere near where it needs to be in order for people to begin using it. I agree with most posters in this thread that higher resolution, longer battery life, and a better camera should be Apple's priorities for the iPad 3.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a 3D laptop (£1700) in John Lewis, very hard on the eyes, a real gimmick (you need to wear glasses all the time). I am sure Apple could do it better though. I am all for onwards and upwards.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh.. I am also not a fan of 3D... if iPad 3 comes in 3D, I will be much more relieved that I only waited for iPad 2 lol.

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope not.

But I'd love to see an e-ink hybrid display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axis360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3D not for me. Can't see it ever happening if one had to wear glasses to use it. Don't see that coming and I don't see May 21st as the end of the world.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
98% of the things which I do on iPad do not require a 3D feature, so - no. Leave the 3D in the theaters with the big screens and THX speakers where it belongs.

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
98% of the things which I do on iPad do not require a 3D feature, so - no. Leave the 3D in the theaters with the big screens and THX speakers where it belongs.

My Vote follows this exact line of thought....

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
h1611161 said:
My Vote follows this exact line of thought....

Yep, all I can think of is more grunt, as in a quad core, and Apple will do it, I have used mine for the first time in a serious recording session. Takes a 17 year old to hold hands with my iPad whilst I use the desk, acerbic, Samsung, forget it...... For now....the competition comes from Android, and they will get there, then I guess It will be a choice between bling and function.

Most reactions