What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFiTrak

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've pre-ordered my iPad (Canada) and was hoping to use WiFiTrak for logging on the Internet with it. I use it with my iTouch and it saves me from entering a 20+ passcode for the modem each time I logged on. For an unknown reason the usual settings didn't work otherwise. The apple store techies had no solution for me and I came upon WiFiTrak by accident and it worked! Is there a way of "saving" the passcode on the Pad? I was hoping to synch the Pad to the netbook I have and keep the Touch on the desktop so that I could "double" the apps as the Touch is filled. I'm a senior in age and jailbreaking isn't something I want to do as I'm not a geek by any stretch. KISS is my aim. However WiFiTrak is no longer available from iTunes or www.bitrino.com website. Can anyone recommend an alternative WiFi locater for the iPad in case it brings me connection problems. Those that I have found on iTunes seem just to list the coffee shops, hotels etc with WiFi hotspots.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've pre-ordered my iPad (Canada) and was hoping to use WiFiTrak for logging on the Internet with it. I use it with my iTouch and it saves me from entering a 20+ passcode for the modem each time I logged on. For an unknown reason the usual settings didn't work otherwise. The apple store techies had no solution for me and I came upon WiFiTrak by accident and it worked! Is there a way of "saving" the passcode on the Pad? I was hoping to synch the Pad to the netbook I have and keep the Touch on the desktop so that I could "double" the apps as the Touch is filled. I'm a senior in age and jailbreaking isn't something I want to do as I'm not a geek by any stretch. KISS is my aim. However WiFiTrak is no longer available from iTunes or www.bitrino.com website. Can anyone recommend an alternative WiFi locater for the iPad in case it brings me connection problems. Those that I have found on iTunes seem just to list the coffee shops, hotels etc with WiFi hotspots.

It's available on Cydia but you have to JailBreak.

OP
H

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I may have solved this but I won't be sure until my iPad comes. Since I'm using different computers for synching my Touch and Pad, I was able to put WiFiTrak to my netbook with home sharing. Hopefully when I synch the pad for the first time, WiFiTrak will work. I'll post in about two weeks time when I get it.

Most reactions

Latest posts