What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi + or - Cellular

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. It's generally expensive, slower than LTE and only a bit faster than a good 3G signal. I used the tower method for a few years at my previous residence. Even though they upped the speed and cut my bill at one point, they were still inferior to an LTE connection.

Ironically, since I left LTE has become available at there.

The only real downside to LTE or 3G over the slower speed satellite and tower ISPs is the data limit. If you can live within the data limit of the plan you're paying for it's all good. If you can't, then you end up playing data watching games at the end of each month.

Very true. I usually make it to the end of the month on my $50 6GB plan, because I use the local public library's wifi for larger d/l. However their speed varies considerably. At times theirs is slower than my 3G; then it suddenly goes from ~2 Mbps to10 Mbps. Mostly it's in between though.
Apple won't even let you Update to your iOS over cellular.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts