What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi issues

chelle28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been using my Verizon hotspot for wifi for about 5 months with no problem. Now all of a sudden my ipad says its unable to connect to the network. I've tried turning off the hotspot and ipad with no luck. Please help!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to "Forget the Network" and see if that works. When you do that, you will need to enter your hotspot password again to connect.

Also--welcome to the forum!! :)

OP
C

chelle28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Skimonkey!

I have tried forget the network, still giving me the same error when I put in my password. I know it's not the hotspot because I've logged into it with other devices just fine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to iPF!

Try this:

Go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings. You'll have to set up network settings again afterwards. Perhaps it will solve your problem.

OP
C

chelle28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried resetting the network settings and my hotspot comes up, but when I enter the password it still gives me the unable to join the network error. I've checked to make sure I've entered in the correct password. Is there some other setting I need to check?! I took my ipad up to Starbucks and was able to use the free wifi there just fine. This doesn't make any sense!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reset your iPad - press both Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then try again.

OP
C

chelle28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth is turned off. Still getting that same error message. :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another thought:

Note: If you see an "Unable to Join" or timeout error when trying to connect a device using Wi-Fi, ensure that you remain on the Personal Hotspot screen until the first device connects. After a device has connected, you can leave the Personal Hotspot screen and use your phone normally. Your device will automatically stop broadcasting using Wi-Fi if you put your device to sleep or after 90 seconds elapse with no devices connected using Wi-Fi. You can start broadcasting your Wi-Fi network again by tapping Settings > Personal Hotspot.
(Apple Support)

This is the same if you use another phone (not iPhone) as hotspot. After 90 seconds you won't get a connection.

If this doesn't work, you should do as MoonlitSonata suggested.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to move this to the Help Section at this time for better attention.

Thanks,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts