What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering to an HTC Wildfire problem

dunmoanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I'm trying to use my HTC Wildfire phone to connect my iPad 2 to the internet via 3G when no wifi is available.

The HTC Wifi hotspot is turned on... and the iPad has recognised the signal, with the wifi symbol showing up in the top left corner, and ''HTC Portable Hotspot'' showing in the 'settings' wifi connection...

But if I then try to open Safari - it says no connection is available, and same is true in Skype, with no connection apparently present.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm not doing or what's 'missing'..? Many thanks.

gashand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dunmoanin said:
Hi - I'm trying to use my HTC Wildfire phone to connect my iPad 2 to the internet via 3G when no wifi is available.

The HTC Wifi hotspot is turned on... and the iPad has recognised the signal, with the wifi symbol showing up in the top left corner, and ''HTC Portable Hotspot'' showing in the 'settings' wifi connection...

But if I then try to open Safari - it says no connection is available, and same is true in Skype, with no connection apparently present.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm not doing or what's 'missing'..? Many thanks.

Does anyone have a solution. I am having the same issue. I think it has to do with DNS. When I check the network settings, the DNS seems to be set to the IP of the phone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts