What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi connection slow and unpredictable

DMad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad and the wifi seems very inconsistent. Some pages connect but slowly, some give a message saying the server timed out and never connect. I've reset my connection settings multiple times and renewed the lease often as well.

Is there something more I should be trying or doing? A lot of $$$ for it to not connect consistently.

nikkinova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple works on it but did you try this? support.apple.com/kb/TS3237 support.apple.com/kb/TS3304

OP
D

DMad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried everything in both of those support links, nothing worked. To provide additional insight, this is my home wifi network from Comcast and I'm using an older, rented wireless router they provided.

OP
D

DMad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facing problem with ipod and Wifi, Other devices are working fine with wifi
Dont know what might be the reason, some configuration is needed.

The standard "fix-its" I've been given are:
  1. Make sure you're using WPA and not WEP
  2. Make sure your iPad is assigned a fixed IP address, and
  3. Set the screen brightness to max and turn off "Auto-Brightness" (not sure how this fits in to the issue)
None of these options so far have worked for me.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facing problem with ipod and Wifi, Other devices are working fine with wifi
Dont know what might be the reason, some configuration is needed.

The standard "fix-its" I've been given are:
  1. Make sure you're using WPA and not WEP
  2. Make sure your iPad is assigned a fixed IP address, and
  3. Set the screen brightness to max and turn off "Auto-Brightness" (not sure how this fits in to the issue)
None of these options so far have worked for me.
He's not in true need of help, he's spamming every thread he's in to spam his signature about the free ibook scam.:mad:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like its certain routers. At home my connection is rock solid 24/7, at work I have to go near the wifi base tell it to forget network then relogin then I can go back to my desk.

OP
D

DMad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like its certain routers. At home my connection is rock solid 24/7, at work I have to go near the wifi base tell it to forget network then relogin then I can go back to my desk.

Yup, that's what it's looking like for me, too. Looks like this Linksys router I got from Comcast years back is so old configurations may not be up to date to support the iPad.

When I called Comcast they shipped me a newer model, I'll update on whether that fixes my problem as soon as I install. So for now, I'm a no-connect at home...

markwthompson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realized the day I got my iPad (yesterday) that my download speeds were slower than any other wifi connection (including my iPhone) in the house. I read a few suggestions and finally switched my Wireless N Router from automatic mode to "G". Problem instantly solved. Well, for my iPad at least.

Most reactions

Latest posts