What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad drops wifi connection

Owl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too had the same problem. An amigo here in Madrid told me to try to reset all settings. I did this by going into settings (general) and at bottom hit the reset for all settings. Worked like a champ...he said that he had similar problems with his iPhone and an apple employee told him that it could be induced by an application that failed to load properly..??...FYI ... He said this procedure fixed his brand new iPhone 4 as well for not charging properly ....
This worked for me. Thank you, gplain!

bbecker70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too had the same problem. An amigo here in Madrid told me to try to reset all settings. I did this by going into settings (general) and at bottom hit the reset for all settings. Worked like a champ...he said that he had similar problems with his iPhone and an apple employee told him that it could be induced by an application that failed to load properly..??...FYI ... He said this procedure fixed his brand new iPhone 4 as well for not charging properly ....

I reset my IPAD2 as instructed above and I can verify that I did not lose any data. So far so good for holding the wifi. Thx!

dant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently had to have a replacement iPad 2 and I have been experiencing some problems with the wifi dropping out. I have reset all settings and so far so good, however if it does it again, then I will consider resorting it.

Not too happy though, I have been a a happy iPad user since the start ! And hope to be untill the bitter end!

Thanks in advance for replying to my post

Dan Thomas

Vguglany

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Once it is switched off. I can not access wi fi. Then I choose forget this connection in settings and re enter key, only then it works

dant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yah, I reset all settings about 10 mins ago and it seams to be holding up. What configuration of iPad do you have?

Dan Thomas

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Right, just did the reset all. Fingers crossed :)

Ipad2 16g wifi

Cheers
Dan

dant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Danx55 - Yours should work now you have reset all.

Gplain- there might be a problem, as I have heard that the ones with 3G are worse. If you take it to your local Apple Store and they will replace free :)

Dan

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As mentioned in my signature, I have the 32 GB WiFi, and I noticed that my connection drops out regularly at sporadic times (sounds like an oxymoron). I tried resetting network settings, but that didn't work.

For whatever reason, I didn't even think to try to reset all settings.

I'll try that when I get home from work today.

Keep your fingers crossed!

*EDIT* Resetting all settings did the trick. Thanks,

Last edited:

bbecker70

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I reset my IPAD2 as instructed above and I can verify that I did not lose any data. So far so good for holding the wifi. Thx!

UPDATE: It's been over over a week since I reset my IPAD 2 32GB 3G and it has yet to drop the wifi, so this appears to be the solution.

OP
N

nickwebster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread. However, having done a reset of all settings, I am still experiencing the dropping of the connection. Any other ideas?

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nickwebster said:
Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread. However, having done a reset of all settings, I am still experiencing the dropping of the connection. Any other ideas?

It might be your network. I still had a network issue, but it only occurred at home. When I was at my job or at my girlfriend's, my wifi quality was terrific, it didn't falter. I think I need a static ip address. I think that would help.

EDIT The point is, it wasn't the iPad.

Last edited:

Diefo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi fi drop outs on ipad

Hi all, I hope this helps,last month or so this has been happening only on my ipad1,checked all ,but nothing,so I reset all setting in the settings page of course,nil problems whatsoever,me missus is happy,did not lose any pics etc by doing this,just had to input wi fi password in again.thank god,cya guys an good luck

Most reactions