What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad wifi connection

bgawat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad connection is loosing wifi connection all the time. I've reset my settings and rebooted my router still the same. Any suggestion?

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried doing a hard reboot to your iPad? Holding down the on/off button and the home button simultaneously until the device turns off (don't release them or all you'll do is take a screen shot), and continue to hold until the Apple logo appears. Not sure that will do it, but it's worth the 60 seconds it takes to find out.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First test the router with another device to rule it out. Or take the iPad to another Wireless spot and test, but my guess is the router as they are a common cause of dropped wireless connections due to interference IE: Electrical, other wireless devices in close proximity , or channel interference , wireless devices also degrade over time the fail completely.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rebooting the router is a good idea, whether it's working properly with other devices or not. iPad's are notoriously picky about routers, or vise versa. I'm not sure which.

While the router is off, go into Settings > General > Reset and Reset Network Settings again.

You'll have to log back in when the router comes online.

Also go to your router's manufacturer's site and make sure the router's firmware is up to date. A firmware update has fixed a lot of these issues.

OP
B

bgawat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys!!! I did all these and still the same, I'm taking my iPad t apple store to have it heck.

OP
B

bgawat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now Apple is telling me it could be my firmware, they Upgraded my firmware and testing may wii so far no problem. Will see what happens in the next couple of days.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now Apple is telling me it could be my firmware, they Upgraded my firmware and testing may wii so far no problem. Will see what happens in the next couple of days.

I have experience on these issue while I'm using public wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts