What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wont connect to wifi via router

lbowsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have noticed that my ipad 2 ( as well as two iPod touches 4th gen) won't connect to my wifi from my router, 2 wii's and pc lap top do, we can still connect as I have airport Internet sharing turned on via my desktop but that network is not supposed to be as strong or fast . The ipad did hook up to the router 2 days ago but then yesterday it went back to the other, there is no renew lease option or forget this network option, or any info in the fields when I hit the blue arrow for the router net work, the router is only a few months old and my printer is on that network as well, any suggestions, oh and I have done the hard and soft resets and network settings , hhhm annoying

Rctaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have another Router to try with ?, I have an iPad 3 4G and have noted issues with a Netgear Router over wireless on 54g, i saw that it kept requesting password each time I turned on iPad, with 2 other routers I.e. 2Wire and BT Homehub issue doesn't occur, seems to be Netgear specific, other routers are G and N respectively so it wasn't the band being used, note iPhone 4s didn't have issue with the Netgear router either, go figure

OP
L

lbowsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now noticed that the wii is not connected either, but LC laptop and printer are working, what I don't get is everything was hooked up to it before,it finds the network but says it is unable to connect, not sure which router I have,I think it is net gear,it is only a few months old and is supposed to run many devices Mac or pc based

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some routers have a limit set to how many devices can be connected at once, I would turn a few things off and see if it connects that way first. Then I would look in your router settings admin page and see if you can change this option. Good luck resolving your issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts