What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi and internet become lose frequently

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, After 2 mo of perfect performance, my ipad3 (WiFi only) now become saggy in losing WiFi connection (app won't work) and internet connection (while WiFi is on, but safari won't go any where and email aren't received/sent) frequently. After couple of apple tech sessions, all I got are temp solutions: 1. turn WiFi off/on in setting to re-connect WiFi, and 2. shutdown/restart ipad to reconnect to internet. It becomes much more frequent recently and I start to wonder if this is normal to use ipad with such inconvenience. Does anyone have the same issue here? Is this caused by ios' limitation or hardware issue, or both? Thanks for sharing.

Mevatron Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have this problem also. I frequently get the message "cannot connect to internet" or internet connection lost" or a game that I am playing will just stop. I only use my iPad on the wireless at home. I don't think it's my router as I have no problem on either of the 2 iPhones in the house. Also I am able to stream movies on my Blue Ray and TIVO without issue. I regularly close all open programs, have reset multiple times and cycled wireless off/on in my settings.

Also I see that the post I am replying to is from 2012. With no replies. What's up with that? NO ONE else has ever had this issue? Am I not searching in the right area?

Mevatron Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My bad. Yes I am an iPf novice. Once I loaded more results I see the threads I was looking for. Doi!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did these problems start after an update to the latest iOS 7.0.6? Updates like that can sometimes cause those connection problems.
Try this:
Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Then re-enter the info that was required by your ISP when you first set up your network connection.
Then: Reset your iPad:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out and don't let go. Keep pressing both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears to start your iPad.
Let's know how you get on. There are knowledgeable people here likely to step up with more suggestions if the above don't fix your connection problems.
Andrew

Sent from OZ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions