What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-Fi issues

FlikCBigg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to iOS 9 on release date and all seemed fine. However this afternoon something happened that is stopping several apps from connecting to wi-fi. All my non iOS devices are fine and my 5S seems to be doing better but is having intermittent issues. I'm at a real loss for what to do. I've reset my router, reset my network settings, performed a hard reset and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried forgetting and re-adding the iOS devices to the network.

Also, you say several apps. Does that mean you can switch apps (like to Safari) and it works fine? If so, it may mean the developer needs to update their app. Sometimes older apps, especially those that have not been updated in a long while, will not work well with the newest version of iOS; though not working with wi-fi seems odd. Apps don't generally connect or not connect to wi-fi. That is handled at the system level.

When the apps don't work, do you actually loose the connection indicator in the status bar, or do the apps just fail to do what they are supposed to do? More details might help, as well as the name of the problem apps.

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try general>reset>reset all settings have done this to correct issues after iOS 9 upgrades

Most reactions

Latest posts