What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Dropping Wi-Fi connection

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my iPad has started to drop the Wi-Fi connection, then I can't get back on. This started yesterday, it recognizes that it's there, but I'm unable to get on, my other Wi-Fi devices are working fine. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, manual login to WiFi, reset router/modem, (I just keep trying these until It connects again).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
my iPad has started to drop the Wi-Fi connection, then I can't get back on. This started yesterday, it recognizes that it's there, but I'm unable to get on, my other Wi-Fi devices are working fine. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, manual login to WiFi, reset router/modem, (I just keep trying these until It connects again).

Hello - please provide some additional information: 1) What iPad model do you use (assume iPad 2 from your post title); 2) What iOS is installed (assume iOS 8 from the forum - what is the specific version); and 3) What ISP (Internet Service Provider) are you using?

By 'hard reset' of your iDevice, do you mean that the ON-OFF & HOME buttons were pressed until the Apple logo appeared and allowed the iPad to reboot? Also by 'reset router/modem', do you mean that you turned off the power or pulled the plug(s), waited, and then re-powered?

Finally, when you state that 'this started yesterday', was there any change you made on the iPad, such as updating/upgrading the iOS? Let me stop there to allow you to respond. Dave :)

OP
S

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - please provide some additional information: 1) What iPad model do you use (assume iPad 2 from your post title); 2) What iOS is installed (assume iOS 8 from the forum - what is the specific version); and 3) What ISP (Internet Service Provider) are you using?

By 'hard reset' of your iDevice, do you mean that the ON-OFF & HOME buttons were pressed until the Apple logo appeared and allowed the iPad to reboot? Also by 'reset router/modem', do you mean that you turned off the power or pulled the plug(s), waited, and then re-powered?

Finally, when you state that 'this started yesterday', was there any change you made on the iPad, such as updating/upgrading the iOS? Let me stop there to allow you to respond. Dave :)

OP
S

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, Answer your questions in order asked:

OP
S

Sfussner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem replying: Safari keeps 'reloading' page. Trying again.

iPad2, version 8.3 I call a 'hard reset' when you power down, I have done both, numerous times. ISP is Comcast/Infinity. Have had iPad for several years, use it constantly, do you know what the general life is? Have also done the 'erase network connections' Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Problem replying: Safari keeps 'reloading' page. Trying again.

iPad2, version 8.3 I call a 'hard reset' when you power down, I have done both, numerous times. ISP is Comcast/Infinity. Have had iPad for several years, use it constantly, do you know what the general life is? Have also done the 'erase network connections' Thanks

Hello again - please tell us if you did a proper 'Reset', i.e. held down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then released both and let the device reboot - please clarify that is what you did?

Also, did you power recycle your modem/router?

As to the longevity of the iPad 2 - I owned one until December of 2014 and upgraded to the latest iOS 8.x until I bought a new iPad Air 2, so the device should still be working fine although I would consider thinking about a new iPad, i.e. the next iOS and the ungraded apps may not be compatible w/ the older hardware technology - just a guess on my part - Dave :)

Becneelan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 8.3 caused the same issues for my iPad 2, lots of Safari page reloads and wifi dropouts.

Tried factory restore and soft reset with no effect at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts