What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why it would be neat to have Microsoft Office on the iPad

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hammer09 said:
It's in the US one.

I have to switch to my US App store account to get it, easilly enough to setup and this app is well worth getting.

I can't find out hot to get a US App store account. Googled for it with no result.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
US app store accessed and Cloudon installed. Not bad, but I still prefer paid apps such as OfficeHD and QuickOffice, although each has it's limitations. Still, I will persevere with Cloudon for a bit and see how it goes. At least it was free - AT THE MOMENT.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cloud on is not bad. Pivot tables in Excel on my iPad ... Wow! Track changes in Word on my iPad. Wow! There is a need when ones business environment is Msoft Office.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for 50 dollars microsft would let you maybe look at an add for the app...when they bring out office for i pad it will cost much more then 50 dollars

MacMama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm using Cloudon and so far it's the closest to having MS Office loaded that's available. I use Excel quite a bit for home and work and Word and Powerpoint for school. Word does not double space per most professor's requirements.
BEWARE! Although the developer boasts autosave, it does not. You must manually use what they call the Autosave
bars in the top left corner of the app and do it often. Otherwise you can receive the dreaded "there seems to have
been a connection glitch" message and all that is saved of your doc is the title. I'm sure they will fix these things
soon.

kifty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, download onlive desktop from the us app store. Ie use your us iTunes acc. ( I'm in sunny Wales). It's great and gives you a windows 7 desktop and 2 gb worth of storage via u cloud

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kifty said:
Hi guys, download onlive desktop from the us app store. Ie use your us iTunes acc. ( I'm in sunny Wales). It's great and gives you a windows 7 desktop and 2 gb worth of storage via u cloud

Just a shame that it is impossible to upload documents from your PC. But I agree, it is great.

rich123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gtatler said:
Just a shame that it is impossible to upload documents from your PC. But I agree, it is great.

Actually, you can via "files.online.com"

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rich123 said:
Actually, you can via "files.online.com"

Ah yes. Further investigation reveals when creating an account (using a PC) there IS a facility to upload. Apologies to the developers. So my only gripe is that I can't edit/create files locally. Still I can't have everything.

WilleyWinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks iDan for thoughts on the potential advent of Office on the iPad. I'll follow this thread with interest. It would be in Apple's interests to provide the facility to millions of people on iPad. Potential iPad sales would be enormous, and Microsoft can showcase this tried and true suite.
I can't see Tablets gaining a lot of ground on iPad in the medium term.

Willey:)

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gtatler said:

Not sure about online but Cloudon upload from Dropbox, maybe other places as well.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rockbottom said:
Not sure about Onlive but Cloudon upload from Dropbox, maybe other places as well.

EDIT I meant Onlive, not online

phaggard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Docs to Go. I have used it since the Palm Pilot days. I have a "My Docs to Go" folder on my PC that I save my Office docs to and they sync to my Apps on my IPAD and IPHONE. The only drawback is that you have to manually synch the files with the PC version open. I just put the PC version in my Startup folder and leave it open and minimized. You can download a lite demo free version from Itunes if you want to try it out. I used to pay $29 for the Palm version.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reliably informed Microsoft submitting Office to Apple app store so should be available soon.

Most reactions