What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does my Ipod charge up when hooked to my PC?

afzimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipod touch and when I connect it to my PC with the usb cable it charges the battery. I just got a new Ipad 2 last week. I was just wondering why it doesn't charge the battery when hooked to the same cable?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad requires a higher current (2.1 amps) compared to the iPod, which is 1 amps. Depending on the actual current delivered by your USB port, your iPad may be charging very slowly (although it may display as "Not Charging".)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use the AC adapter from wall socket you can charge both iPod and ipad from same adapter . It is a 10watt charger. I colour code mine so there is no mistake as they both look the same. Some of the later pc's support 10 watt charging and all Macintosh computers that require the latest iTunes support 10 watt charging.

OP
afzimm

afzimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love this forum, my newbie questions are always answered. Thanks guys.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well thank you yes we do try to assist, many of the questions asked have been answered over the past 12 months however most new users and new members would not know that or where to find them. Since I joined more than a year go we have built up quite a large data base of answers to problems. Try our search area and you will be surprised what you find.

Most reactions

Latest posts