What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble charging ipad

kcgman85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad 3 with ios7.0.4. Here is my problem, when i hook up the usb cable to charge my ipad it shows my ipad is charging. It is only when the ipad goes to sleep or when first turned on does it show not charging. Unplug and plug back in and it shows charging. I have replaced both usb and ac adapter. I have tried rebooting with home + lock button. Any ideas would be helpfull

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you first noticed the problem were you using the charger that came with your iPad?

OP
K

kcgman85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it was first happening with the one it came with. I have since purchased a new one and have had the same results with both.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you had your iPad checked to make sure that there's no problem with the charging circuitry? You could also try the chargers with other iPads to see if they will charge. The idea is that you want to isolate the problem to discover where the problem lies, the chargers or the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts