What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did I get these products? Help pls

SassySasha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going back in business for myself and decided to reduce as much paper as possible. I read and read and read product reviews prior to getting a couple of products to work w/ apple products like iPhone/iPad/iMac. I settled in on- Dropbox, print central, and PDF expert and evernote. Now I have them and looking to implement a workflow. I've been reading and reading that my eyes ate bleary and i'm more confused now than when i started to implement a workow. I'm looking at going live in a week and really could use some help. (aka desperate).
Here's what I'm looking to do:
- put emails, text msgs, all correspondence in drop box. I thought there was a way that I could easily do that. Maybe a setting.
- ability to print (really don't want to have to use print central to access Internet, emails, etc. I really only wanted to use print central to print.
- will have documents/contracts that will be scanned into computer and put in Dropbox for client access. Client will need to access, sign, and get contract back to me. Client should only have access to a specific folder. I think I kno how to do that.
- allow access to a partner of all documents in Dropbox. I was able to give rights, so not really a problem.
- use dropbox to keep closed files and perhaps easily access at a later date.
- one of partners will be working from the road (using iPad and iPhone); I'm hoping to be holding down the fort with iMac.

Maybe I got the wrong products after doing so much reading. If u are aware of a better product that could easily fulfill my needs, pls let me kno the product. I hate to waste any more $$. I'm really feeling the pressure as I hit the 11th hour. It just can't be this difficult to figure out.
Thanks everyone.

noodle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you are a DropBox fan!

I do not know of any way to automatically have your emails put into Dropbox (or any other file storage account for that matter) . I have Dropbox ( the free account), and use it quite a bit, however, I also have an on-line FTP account (ExaVault.com) that I use mostly. You can do all of what you want to do, except auto-archive emails, with ExaVault.

I'm sure there are other FTP, cloud storage services out there, I just happen to use and like ExaVault.

If you use an iMac and Apple Mail, there is probably a way to automatically move email messages using Automator or AppleScript.

Good luck.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Doing those things via dropbox cannot happen automatically, you have to upload them yourself. As for your other inquiries, im out of ideas. Sorry :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts