What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why am I so angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been dealing with forums, list servers, Yahoo groups, etc for over 10 years and I have learned that when someone posts a question, no matter how simple or elementary it may seem to you, the person asking the question does not want to be told how to find the answer, where to find the answer and they certainly do not want a lecture on how easy it is to find the answer by typing it in a search engine.

And speaking of forums that hyper-moderate, here are the rules from another technology-related forum that I belong to --

"This forum has a zero tolerance policy in regard to abusing new users. You are not permitted to criticize, ridicule, patronize, talk condescendingly or suspiciously question anyone asking for help in this forum.

Anyone violating this rule will not receive a warning, they will receive a full infraction. As the infractions build up you will lose the ability to post.

This needs to be a welcoming, friendly forum with good attitudes. Please also do not get technical in explanation. Be aware that new people will not understand you.

If you cannot follow these guidelines then I urge you to stay out of this forum. Thanks for your cooperation!"

And yet people complain about how tightly moderated this forum is!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I open this forum and read a few posts I become angry. It seems that everyone thinks they are smarter than everybody else. Then they go about breaking all the civility rules. I don't know how to avoid this, so I think I will have to find a new forum. :(

Goodbye folks.

I am sorry you are unhappy here. But in IPF's defense, I have to say that this morning I was reading a post that you had posted. More than one, actually, and I could not recall where I had seen your avatar and your name.

It was this thread here, you complaining about the very same thing I was reading that came from you. And folks were not even talking to you, but you quoted them and IMO, I thought your comments were rude and mean spirited.

Just sayin ~

Perhaps it's a guy thing ~ competitive and all. I know more than you type thing. But I don't see that here. Hell, everyone knows more than me.:D There are lots of very knowledgeable people here and should be respected, as the Mods who try very hard to keep this place as cool as it is.

Okay ~ I'm done. Sorry if I came off like a bitch, but it is what it is.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not friendly? I have been on bulletin boards before WWW and many forums since, mostly photo and graphics, but some political, literary, etc. This one is well moderated, friendly posters for the most part and fun too. Try a loosely modded forum LOL. I have picked up nice tips, tried to help others myself and just enjoyed the fun. I'd say stick around and just ignore any posters that rile you.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not friendly? I have been on bulletin boards before WWW and many forums since... political....

Yeah, you want to have someone call you "the scum of the Earth" and "as smart as a developmentally challenged monkey" go check out some of the political forums and start defending Obama. LOL :p

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And speaking of forums that hyper-moderate, here are the rules from another technology-related forum that I belong to --

"This forum has a zero tolerance policy in regard to abusing new users. You are not permitted to criticize, ridicule, patronize, talk condescendingly or suspiciously question anyone asking for help in this forum.

Anyone violating this rule will not receive a warning, they will receive a full infraction. As the infractions build up you will lose the ability to post.

This needs to be a welcoming, friendly forum with good attitudes. Please also do not get technical in explanation. Be aware that new people will not understand you.

If you cannot follow these guidelines then I urge you to stay out of this forum. Thanks for your cooperation!"

And yet people complain about how tightly moderated this forum is!

This is exactly how I feel and try to act within these guidelines. I mean really there are a few people in this world who want the easy way out for no reason than they can get it... so they pop in and ask a quick question instead of working for it and never return. However, there are more in this world who just don't have time or know how to search for an answer, maybe they need it fast, maybe they have only limited access to forum time, maybe they just don't know how. These are the people who can benefit from polite help, and they come back and the next thing you know they are helping others becuase that is "community" which is what a forum should be!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Angry?
Just fire up your iPad and lob a few birds at those cowardly green pigs.

You'll feel better in no time.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a decent forum compared to some I have experienced. Most often, there are two types of people that create issues. The first are those who go to a site dedicated to a product and slam it to get a response. The other are those who have no or limited social skills and just love to start arguments. The only thing you can do with both type is to ignore them, or to ban them. Either way, it is not easy to do.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya know...

I have seen this phenomenon on other forums where people announce that they are leaving! We can't make everyone happy all the time so if you don't want to be here... GO! We're not going to beg anyone to stay.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please accept this apology from the members of this forum. I'm sure we didn't intend to make you angry. What makes me angry are the folks who come on here and begin to complain about the iPad. Why did they get one? Why don't they get rid of it if they aren't pleased? I think they are just trying to bring everyone else down. (And that's hard to do with an iPad owner).
PLEASE STAY!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL! I'm not included in that last post. I'm not apologizing because someone got butthurt over some things he read on an internet forum.

Like 1991-C4 said, if someone doesn't want to be here or doesn't like the things that are being said, they can leave.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a few arrogant, egomaniacs posting on this forum. However, some of them are very knowledgeable and on occasion give good advice. :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a few arrogant, egomaniacs posting on this forum. However, some of them are very knowledgeable and on occasion give good advice. :)
Hey!!!! I think my advice is pretty good... most of the time!

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL! I'm not included in that last post. I'm not apologizing because someone got butthurt over some things he read on an internet forum.

Like 1991-C4 said, if someone doesn't want to be here or doesn't like the things that are being said, they can leave.

+1

OP is simply new at this thing they call internet forums.
After he has tried a few he will find that this one here is fairly mature compared to most.
Every forum has trolls and haters.
The Moderators here do a very good job and I enjoy this forum.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 pages of posts on this subject and the OP probably never saw one of them.

You can have the most decent forum ever and you will not keep everyone happy. I personally feel sorry that he felt that way. He stuck around for 100 posts so it's not like he just arrived here.

I think if anything this forum is quick to take care of any issues. Anytime I get a reported post there is almost always another mod there at the same time. Admin gets involved too.

If anybody has an issue with something please use the report button and let us know. That's the best way to stop a situation from becoming an issue.

Cobraboy1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Forum!

I come here everyday to look for information and tips on using my IPad.
I have found everyone to be helpful and professional.

If you find a jerk, just ignore them. That is the ultimate power.

There are plenty of people that want to share their knowledge and help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts