What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why am I so angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Every time I open this forum and read a few posts I become angry. It seems that everyone thinks they are smarter than everybody else. Then they go about breaking all the civility rules. I don't know how to avoid this, so I think I will have to find a new forum. :(

Goodbye folks.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yikes! What posts you been reading? This is a pretty friendly place compared to a lot of forums... Stick around and just avoid talking to those who push your buttons. It will be fun, I promise!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can speak for all the moderators on this subject. We do our best to control the forum and some times it's not easy. All of us spend our personal time checking posts etc and doing what we can to make the forum a place you want to come to. Our team constantly are reviewing ways to make being here a pleasant experience. I personally have look at other iPad forums and frankly non even come close to ipadforums.net for what we offer. Regardless where you go you I am sure will have similar issues if not a lot worse.
What i find in this forum is the enormous knowledge base that is available from the many members our super mod 1991-c4 comes to mind providing detailed Picts of "how to fix" etc it wonderful to receive responses from some one whom has resolved a problem that before they came on board here could not resolve.

. No matter where you go you find prima donnas that know more than you and you just have to let it go and not wind your self up like a clock. Just click the home button and relax lol
It would be nice if you could inform us of any particular incidents we may have missed it by all means let's us know in private You are always welcome here and hope to see you back soon.

Col.Bris super moderator

Last edited:

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't leave this site is one of the best forums have found and the people are really really easy to talk to! Just let the mods do their jobs and let them know what the problem is, but stick around!!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well..... I don't have a lot to say here but most forums you find will be quite crude...full of spam and lacadasicly moderated.. If that's a word...:D

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the internet, you have to understand that for the most part, people aren't being "mean" to you. It's difficult to convey tone of voice and sarcasm with simple text. Many times what you may be reading as negative and hateful comments are nothing more than good-natured poking fun at each other. I talk to people on the internet the same way I do my friends, with a bit of biting sarcasm, but none of it is meant with any negative connotations.

The fact that you say you are leaving this forum for another tells me that you haven't been on many forums. This particular forum is one of the friendliest, non-hostile, and welcoming forums I've been on. You can try other forums, but I can almost guarantee you they won't be as welcoming, and you will get even more sarcasm and perhaps even some genuine negative/hateful comments.

Just remember this is the internet, the land of anonymity. Just use this experience to "thicken your skin" a little bit and learn not to take ANYTHING you read on the internet too seriously.

If you are genuinely getting *angry,* as in, increased heart rate, thinking about what you read online even while you are offline, allowing the stress to spill over into your interactions with "real" people, etc, you may want to consider finding an alternate source of information than internet forums or perhaps even seeking professional counseling. Just try to keep the internet and your emotions separate and you should be fine though.

Gary_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well..... I don't have a lot to say here but most forums you find will be quite crude...full of spam and lacadasicly moderated.. If that's a word...:D

Not sure if it is a word but it sure took me a few tries to sound it out and realise that you were trying to say "lacadasicly". :)

I am gonna give you credit for the word. 12 points and a triple word score for Dannyboy

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, being a moderator is a thankless job! I "threatened" to close a thread that was starting to veer off course with personal comments and I was told that it would be "uncool" to do that!

It is a mighty fine line we attempt to tread! You have to have somewhat of a thick skin if you are going to hang around these forums!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, being a moderator is a thankless job! I "threatened" to close a thread that was starting to veer off course with personal comments and I was told that it would be "uncool" to do that!

It is a mighty fine line we attempt to tread! You have to have somewhat of a thick skin if you are going to hang around these forums!

I think its fair to say any forum.... :D

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not sure if it is a word but it sure took me a few tries to sound it out and realise that you were trying to say "lacadasicly". :)
I am gonna give you credit for the word. 12 points and a triple word score for Dannyboy
LOL! I bet he's the same "DannyBoy85" who wiped the floor with me playing SpellStacker on the iPad, too! I recognize the name ;-)
I love that game, by the way.
And this IS the friendliest forum. I'm on 5 so I can throw in my 2 cents.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amen to that!

By contrast, I belong to an amateur radio forum with almost 424,000 registered members with nearly 31,000 considered to be "active". It is a huge site and it is what I will call "hyper-moderated". It is a fabulous forum in terms of information, but threads are kept tightly on course and at any hint of something inappropriate, threads are closed and infractions are handed out like Dramamine on a cruise ship!

Things are so tight over there that several members started their own forum with basically one purpose... to make fun of the moderators on the other forum!

On a fairly regular basis, the marital status of my parents at the time of my birth is called into question (or worse!) by a member who does not like the way I moderate over here. When that happens, my very sharp moderator's axe swings swiftly. Despite this fact, there is one goal I have in mind, and that is to NOT "hyper-moderate" and make ipadforums.net like that amateur radio forum!

We're all adults here (for the most part) and we're here to exchange information and opinions and to have fun while doing it. I don't like treating members like children, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

[/RANT] off!

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have to say this is by far the best ipad forums I have found. Since I joined last week, it has been very helpful, friendly folks, and great information. I havent gotten any Let me google that for you remarks lol.

This is my first apple product and all the questions I have asked has been answered without hesitation or rudeness. I wouldnt be so sensitive about the handful of individuals that you see on this site that are less than helpful deter you away from here. Man up! Just joking! :D

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have to say this is by far the best ipad forums I have found. Since I joined last week, it has been very helpful, friendly folks, and great information. I havent gotten any Let me google that for you remarks lol.

This is my first apple product and all the questions I have asked has been answered without hesitation or rudeness. I wouldnt be so sensitive about the handful of individuals that you see on this site that are less than helpful deter you away from here. Man up! Just joking! :D

Don't you hate those responses? Then the person takes the time to google and post all the results when a simple redirect to the right post or topic would have been much more helpful...even a quick answer would work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts