What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's planning on buying the iPad Air2?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm aware that I have a sickness, but I thought I had it under control. You know. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. I have no idea what step two is...
Face your problem, I think? So, purchasing the Air 2 is just the next step to work on your problem. ;)

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep walking around and saying "baaaaa" all day. Are the Microsoft people correct? Have I become an iSheep?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I am happier than a peach too. I just read on Macrumors that Bestbuy will do trade-ins for iPad 2s. So...this weekend I am going to investigate and hopefully do the trade-in and get the iPad 2 Air. Currently the value for the iPad 2 online at their site is $150 versus the $10 from Target about 2 months ago! :)

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What authorized retailers are there that aren't based in CA? B&h is a good one but they aren't allowing any online purchases so far.

Joanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I didn't think that I had upgrade fever but it struck me after I received an email from Best Buy yesterday.
They promised me a $351 minimum(!) trade in value for my 32GB WiFi Air 1 - woo hoo!
Then I looked at the pretty gold color and I was sold!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't think that I had upgrade fever but it struck me after I received an email from Best Buy yesterday.
They promised me a $351 minimum(!) trade in value for my 32GB WiFi Air 1 - woo hoo!
Congratulations! Let us know how it compares to your iPad Air.

Joanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I will! I'm going tomorrow to trade-in and purchase.
Now I'm on the hunt for a smart cover compatible crystal clear back cover so that the color shows.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How did you get such a deal from best buy? I looked on their trade in site and they would be giving my iPad Air 1 64gb only 300 dollars.

Joanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you get such a deal from best buy? I looked on their trade in site and they would be giving my iPad Air 1 64gb only 300 dollars.

Could be because I bought it from them - I have no idea.
But the email specified the model I have and I participate in their rewards program so they know exactly what I bought and when (Dec. '13).

It's a promo trade-in offer valid until 11/8/14
Here's the link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/t...gnID=639069&SubscriberID=4853149&eut=41684918

I'm not a fan of paper but I printed everything to take with me just in case.

They had sent out an email earlier in the day that offered $200 and then sent a second corrected email.
Here's exactly what it says (c/p from the email)
Joan
TRADE UP
to iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3
TRADE IN YOUR
Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi 32GB...
AND GET A GUARANTEED MINIMUM
$326
toward the new iPad mini 3*
OR
TRADE IN YOUR
Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi 32GB...
AND GET A GUARANTEED MINIMUM
$351
toward the new iPad Air 2*

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You get $300 for the trade-in + $50 coupon towards buying a new iPad Air 2. If you buy a ipad mini 3 the coupon is $25!

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know you're talking to him, but I'll give you my impressions. I could have stuck with my original thought of not upgrading at this time. There's not a big difference between the two. At least not yet. All the apps run the same way, which was buttery smooth on the Air and of course they are still buttery smooth on the Air 2. I do like the display, but the glare is still there. While it's not as prevalent was it was, there is still a little glare under the overhead lights. I do like that fact that I was able to save a "C-Note" over last year's pricing, and I'm very happy that I'll be able to help out a co-worker that wanted to give an iPad Air away for Christmas, but couldn't afford one. So, all in all, I'm happy with my purchase, but there was no reason for me to upgrade this time as I really haven't noticed any huge differences between the Air and Air 2.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get $300 for the trade-in + $50 coupon towards buying a new iPad Air 2. If you buy a ipad mini 3 the coupon is $25!

You know, this best buy deal might actually be worth it for once. Usually I sell on ebay but I'm seeing a lot of auctions for the iPad Air 1 64gb wifi going for around low 300s to 350. Factor in the 10% fee for ebay and 3% fee on paypal along with shipping fees you'd be lucky to get $350 in the end. Probably due to apple staggering the prices for more memory. But hey I'm ok with that.

Most reactions

Latest posts