What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad air 2 being updated/replaced?

boblipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking at buying an iPad air2 and been researching.

something I came across has me questioning on getting one now, as I'm wondering if it is being updated/replaced.

specifically, a retailer has a sale ongoing with wifi version $100 off, but it is not available at the stores near me, and it is not available as a ship to store. either they plan on stop carrying the air 2 or it is being replaced/upgraded. A quick search didn't indicate any information.

Has anyone any information?

TIA

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are a lot of rumours around - and these are only rumours - that Apple will be launching an iPad 3 Air sometime this year.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's also possible, as there hasn't been another iPad Air since the Air 2, that Apple will launch different sizes of the iPad Pro. Again, these are only rumours. We won't know for certain before Apple's Spring event.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been looking at buying an iPad air2 and been researching.

something I came across has me questioning on getting one now, as I'm wondering if it is being updated/replaced.

specifically, a retailer has a sale ongoing with wifi version $100 off, but it is not available at the stores near me, and it is not available as a ship to store. either they plan on stop carrying the air 2 or it is being replaced/upgraded. A quick search didn't indicate any information.

Hello - keep in mind that this forum has no relationship to Apple and does not receive 'advanced announcements' of upcoming products by the company. As already stated by the others, Apple is likely to bring out several 'new' iPad models, possibly this month or later - below are some statements (or rumors) from HERE suggesting that there might be 4 different size devices in the iPad Pro lineup - possibly indicating that the iPad Mini & Air terms will be eliminated?

My current iPad is an Air 2, and I was planning on a replacement, i.e. a Pro (probably one of the intermediate sizes) this year - will just have to wait for the release of the newest models. Now the Air 2 (especially w/ decent storage, i.e. mine has 64 GB) is still an excellent device and depending on one's budget might be a wise consideration - the decision is up to you. Good luck - Dave :)

According to the reputable Japanese website, the new iPad Pro lineup will include 7.9-inch, 9.7-inch, 10.5-inch, and 12.9-inch models. Back in October, Macotakara also reported that Apple was planning on unveiling four new iPads in 2017. At the time, they said this would include an all-new 10.9-inch iPad Pro, which could replace (or join) the current-generation 9.7-inch model. They also said we’d see a “7.9-inch iPad Pro” and second-generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro. The latest report suggests Apple has elected to unveil a second-generation 9.7-inch iPad Pro model this year, along with a 10.5-inch (not 10.9-inch) model......

Most reactions

Latest posts