What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, said my download was complete and ok to disconnect device. So, I did that. Now shouldn't I be seeing something on my iPad?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, said my download was complete and ok to disconnect device. So, I did that. Now shouldn't I be seeing something on my iPad?
You said that you clicked on "Download Only"? If so you need to reconnect your iPad and let it update. I've always clicked on "Download and Install" so I'm not sure of the process. I'd click on "Check for Update" on the iTunes/iPad Summary page.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had that too but I just restarted it and it's been on since. Crossing fingers, toes etc...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished restoring apps. Now it's restoring music and videos. Progress bar is moving slowly (about 35GB of music and about 10GB of videos). Hmmmm...this could take a while.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now we all know that the speed of light is 3x10^10 cm/s so, if you want to be pedantic, those in North Carolina will get it first...:D

Tim

Hey Tim: You haven't been keeping up! Latest experiments from CERN reveal that the speed of light is no longer sacrosanct! (Of course those experiments used neutrons, but---?)

metzmetz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait to see tabbed browsing on safari. Maybe I can ditch all the other browsers now and stick to the default.

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You said that you clicked on "Download Only"? If so you need to reconnect your iPad and let it update. I've always clicked on "Download and Install" so I'm not sure of the process. I'd click on "Check for Update" on the iTunes/iPad Summary page.

Thanks, I will reconnect and see what happens. I chose to download only because on one of these forums l read last night people said they had less problems when they selected download only. Felt like I had to make a quick decision, but that is why I chose that. Keeping fingers crossed that this will work.
thanks so much for 'holding my hand' through this.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I will reconnect and see what happens. I chose to download only because on one of these forums l read last night people said they had less problems when they selected download only. Felt like I had to make a quick decision, but that is why I chose that. Keeping fingers crossed that this will work.
thanks so much for 'holding my hand' through this.
Glad to help. Let us know how it goes!

metzmetz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol, don't pause all or it will restart from 0%. I went back to make I had a recent backup and figured out that much. They should change that button say RESTART ALL

Most reactions

Latest posts