What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

everythingapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you want to be a FedEx driver when the location of your truck were available for ALL to see, including nuts/robbers/more nuts, and other diverse criminals? Transporting a truck full of iPad 3x is probably riskier than driving a Brinks and those guards are armed:eek:

A couple of things I read today:

1. A woman spoke with another woman whose husband works for UPS in Nashville. Said that a week or so ago they set up a staging area with trailers and a tall fence. Then came the armed guards who were present 24/7 until the contents of the trailers left today for delivery. Her husband asked if it was a shipment from Ft. Knox (nearby), and was told no, it is the new iPads. AMAZING.

2. The trucks shipping long haul are not "regular" FedEx trucks, they're special hires for this transport only. UNREAL.

I'm glad to see that others find our iPads just as valuable as we do. :)

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is now in the air on its way from Louisville to ft Lauderdale. My cover came yesterday and my husband asked our ups guy if we could expect the same timeframe on Friday. He said he is usually in our development at the same time but that they expect Friday to be a bit busy! Lol!!! Going for a massage erly in the morning so I will be all relaxed and redy for my upgrade from my belved iPad 1!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughters arrived here in Brisbane last night. Waiting game now, I'm suppose to go grocery shopping, should I wait?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine left Oakland for Portland or Bend just over an hour ago. I'm 1.5 hours north ofBend and 3 hours east of PDX. So looking forward to tomorrow.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it is 9 am Friday in Brisbane just purchased a 64gb wifi black the feeding frenzy has begun. My close friend picked up 10 wifi 3G for $858 (near cost) Australian for his businees partners.Major retailers have started discounting at launch. This store sold 30 in the first 10 minutes of opening awsome unreal. Cheers col

Ps we are 18 hours ahead of USA west coast

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Just got an update.... My iPad has departed Fedex location in Memphis, TN after sitting there for 10 hours.

So Col.bris, let us know what you think. How great is the new screen on the iPad?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Well it is 9 am Friday in Brisbane just purchased a 64gb wifi black the feeding frenzy has begun. My close friend picked up 10 wifi 3G for $858 (near cost) Australian for his businees partners.Major retailers have started discounting at launch. This store sold 30 in the first 10 minutes of opening awsome unreal. Cheers col

Ps we are 18 hours ahead of USA west coast

That's brilliant Col. I should have taken a drive up to see you. My daughter is waiting for hers now. It arrived in Brisbane last night! She is so excited!

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
Just got an update.... My iPad has departed Fedex location in Memphis, TN after sitting there for 10 hours.

So Col.bris, let us know what you think. How great is the new screen on the iPad?

Very good. They are moving now. Mine has been updated to " in transit" and made two stops yet it's still in Ten. I'm in southern south , southern Fl. Can't get no further south or you heading for Cuba.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I'm in southern south , southern Fl. Can't get no further south or you heading for Cuba.

Like this far south?
6839859978_ae1872e618_b.jpg

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sunking said:
Mine was in Middletown, Pa and just departed Newark, Nj. Tomorrow will be a good day!

Mine went to newark nj too, I don't know why? Middletown is closer to my home than newark, nj

Last edited:

Dmiltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine left Ky at 7:30 this evening. I am so excited ...... black 4g at&t 32gb

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read that Wal-Mart is selling them immediately after midnight, so I could have stayed up and participated in one of their events like Black Friday sales. Nahhhhh. I am going to sleep in, watch the morning news about the chaos, and then go pick mine up at my leasure.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just read that Wal-Mart is selling them immediately after midnight, so I could have stayed up and participated in one of their events like Black Friday sales. Nahhhhh. I am going to sleep in, watch the morning news about the chaos, and then go pick mine up at my leasure.

I'm tempted to go get one and return the one that comes via FedEx. But I think I can hold off and just wait.

I may run down and just see what the new one looks like in person tonight.

everythingapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Walmart only has 5 of the "$898 models" in stock and will start selling at midnight. I'm fighting the urge to go see... ugh. I did just notice that mine has left Indy en route to its final destination prior to becoming mine, all mine. :)

Most reactions