What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, any video player app that has FTP functionality should work fine with the CloudFTP. Remember that these storage devices are not playing the file, they are just providing the storage media functionality. It's the Apps that connect that read from these devices which do the donkey work.

The Archangel

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use M2Ts but those solutions discussed are two of many if you look around, hence why I suggested that you need to investigate what's out there if you want to find what works best for you however, if you know of a website which has a (legal) M2Ts file which I can download then PM me the link and ill happily test it on my CloudFTP for you tomorrow.

The Archangel

Since the files are so large I find most online have converted them. I think my own home movie files are to large to be emailed. I don't use any thing that is not legal or is copyrighted. Everything I use or own has to be legal all software and programs must be legal or I don't use them.

SunsNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the price comes in at $249 I will be supplementing my iPad 1 with the mini. It will fit in my purse where the big sister doesn't. If it goes at $299 I don't know how I can truly justify that to the hubster given all the other "i" toys I have. Just got a new 27" iMac a month ago so I've already given Apple plenty of money since the hubster got a 27" iMac of his own at the same time. Really want one but like I said, depends on price.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
As for the flexing of the Galaxy 10.1 notes plastic body I also have a Galaxy Tab2 with a plastic body. Have not really noticed any flexing but I don't bend them either. It sure keeps the weight down a lot IMHO, I have not read or heard of the plastic body's on Galaxy's cracking if you have let me know.

My Samsung Galaxy Note has a plastic back, which I love. It's held up fine, and I can easily remove it to replace my battery or SD card. If I don't like the color or scratched it, it would cost me about 10 bucks to replace it. I'd just pop it on. I've no need to do that, but I like the option.

All my devices -- iPads, Note, etc., are in cheap TPU back-only cases anyway. I dropped my Note a few times, including from standing height onto a wooden bench, from which it bounced onto the ground, but you couldn't tell at all.

The only device I own that goes naked is my Kindle Fire, which has (non-removable) rubberized back. I love that, because it gives me the grip I want and can take regular wear without any kind of case.

I think iDevices have great designs, but are scratch prone without at least a back-only case, in which case they might as well have rubber or plastic backs.

tigs99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 but will probably buy the new Mini to replace my wife's kindle.

halfbrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why people think the smaller iPad will be so cheap - Apple don't do cheap (and they have no concerns over Amazon or Google 7" tablets). The event logo and wording give it away - both imply one theme: small retina devices. That will be a retina 13" MacBook Pro and a retina 7.85" iPad. And this gives Apple a unified theme to launch both Mac and iOS devices at the same event. Price? Perhaps $349 or £299 for the base memory rising by $100 or £80 for each larger capacity model

Will I buy one to go with my iPad 3 - Yes.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
LOL you certainly live up to your iPF title of iPad Addict 

xD. And the thing is...I still use all of them.

my iPad 1 is embedded in my desk. my 2 is my daily driver. My 3 is for photos, videos, and higher end games, and my mini will be my work compliment.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have the iPad 3, I'm highly considering getting a mini, but I don't know which color D:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Still thinking about buying one for Mom, but I don't know where the money will come from. Probably pick up a used iPad 2 instead.

Most reactions