What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here has traded their ipad for a mini ipad?

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whilst I love my iPad 4, I think the mini is so much more compact and more friendly in use to carry around in my handbag. Im curious as to who has swapped their Ipad for a mini?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't swap, but I'm certainly loving up on my mini. Your comments about it are spot on. However, I won't give up a retina display device for a mini until the mini has retina. So I'm keeping my iPad 3. Ive had it since march. You will have to make the choice for yourself. If you just got the iPad 4 and aren't in love with that retina screen and more powerful processor (more powerful by a lot) then do the swap and be happy. You know what you like and want....I would not blame you for it! :)

By the way one of my lady friends told me she never had any interest in an iPad until she saw the mini, so you are NOT alone in your view.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I didn't swap, but I'm certainly loving up on my mini. Your comments about it are spot on. However, I won't give up a retina display device for a mini until the mini has retina. So I'm keeping my iPad 3. Ive had it since march. You will have to make the choice for yourself. If you just got the iPad 4 and aren't in love with that retina screen and more powerful processor (more powerful by a lot) then do the swap and be happy. You know what you like and want....I would not blame you for it! :)

By the way one of my lady friends told me she never had any interest in an iPad until she saw the mini, so you are NOT alone in your view.

Lol no I'm with you on that one. I won't consider swapping my iPad for the mini until retina display is added :)

dlagrave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
Whilst I love my iPad 4, I think the mini is so much more compact and more friendly in use to carry around in my handbag. Im curious as to who has swapped their Ipad for a mini?

I tried the mini, then traded it in for the iPad 4. The size was nice in terms of weight and handling it. But the size of the screen limits the view of web pages and email messages. I thought I could get used to it, after all it does not bother me on my iPhone... But it kept bugging me. I guess what I can accept on a phone, I cannot accept on a device that is supposed to be for reading email and surfing the web (at least, those are my main uses).

But the size is lovely, and you might really enjoy it. I will say that Apple was lovely to deal with in terms of returning the mini. I did not have the box or anything as I returned it while traveling to another city, and they were wonderful about it. So maybe you should try it out. :)

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dlagrave said:
I tried the mini, then traded it in for the iPad 4. The size was nice in terms of weight and handling it. But the size of the screen limits the view of web pages and email messages. I thought I could get used to it, after all it does not bother me on my iPhone... But it kept bugging me. I guess what I can accept on a phone, I cannot accept on a device that is supposed to be for reading email and surfing the web (at least, those are my main uses).

But the size is lovely, and you might really enjoy it. I will say that Apple was lovely to deal with in terms of returning the mini. I did not have the box or anything as I returned it while traveling to another city, and they were wonderful about it. So maybe you should try it out. :)

Wow Apple is absolutely fantastic. I'm lucky enough to have both. The mini iPad is my daughters. I didn't think of that or notice it until mentioned it.

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I love my ipad mini passed the ipad 3 onto the wife so she's happy and now I can sell the nexus 7 I don't need to tabs anymore well done apple

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I traded my 1 st gen iPad 3 for a iPad mini!!!

I traded my 1 st gen iPad 3 for a iPad mini!!!And I'm happy!
I've had all versions of iPad 1,2,3 and have jail broke all of them - witch makes them far more usefull
I hope a jailbreak is released but I'm happy in the mean time with my mini
I really like the feel and its much more portable
-big iPads are great for home but mini rules for out and about
for petes sake I'm a big guy and my hand got
tired of holding iPad 3 =too heavy for one hand I think and tablet should be one handed or
Your using a slate not a tablet lol

MrDoug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad4, but after using the Mini for a few days, the iPad 4 is gaining DUST.. the Mini is awesome and SO MUCH MORE SMALL and PORTABLE.. I will give my iPad 4 to my wife and she will sell her iPad 2.. so with that said.. after using the Mini for a few days and then picking up the iPad 4, the 4 feels like a BRICK.. just my two cents..
Doug

lphong1148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am keeping my iPad 2 to use around the house. The iPad mini stays in my work bag & used at work all day. I love both of them! :)

tdc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 3 mid July... Just went and picked up the iPad mini this past Thursday night.
I've been playing with it all weekend. I didn't trade my old iPad in for it but I am planning to sell it.
The mini is a much better size for me and what I need it for! I AM LOVING IT!!!!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No way for me.....
Way to small of screen to do anything real serious. I will never part with my iPad 4 for a smaller screen.
I need a stylus on my iPad 4 to do a lot of things so the iPad mini is out of the question.

You guys make the iPad 4 (9.7") sound like its a 55" wide screen! :D
It's only 1.8" diagonal difference...

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No way for me.....
Way to small of screen to do anything real serious. I will never part with my iPad 4 for a smaller screen.
I need a stylus on my iPad 4 to do a lot of things so the iPad mini is out of the question.

You guys make the iPad 4 (9.7") sound like its a 55" wide screen! :D
It's only 1.8" diagonal difference...

:)

It the weight, not the screen size. I still use my iPad 3 every day. But with the mini, I'm using it at times like right now. Using the split keyboard and hold it inches from my face. With the 3, this would be very uncomfortable.

I still need the mini to have a reinstall screen though, so I can abandon the regular iPad without that. And really, I'll keep using my iPad 3 until it dies. No need to get rid of it. But the mini is a portable wonder. I'm lucky that I get to own both.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
:)
...I'm lucky that I get to own both.

That you are for sure.....

Like you, I can see it as an addition but not a replacement......but, I just can't justify the price for the limited use I would have.
I absolutely love my iPad 4 for the purposes I use it for.

Obviously sales numbers show the Mini is very popular.....but it's just not for me.
Sure is nice to have the luxury of various choices to meet each persons needs. :thumbs:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That you are for sure.....

Like you, I can see it as an addition but not a replacement......but, I just can't justify the price for the limited use I would have.
I absolutely love my iPad 4 for the purposes I use it for.

Obviously sales numbers show the Mini is very popular.....but it's just not for me.
Sure is nice to have the luxury of various choices to meet each persons needs. :thumbs:

Well, be happy because the iPad 4 is the best tablet on the planet, bar none.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:

I bought both on release day. The iPad 4 is for in bed,reading news and watching movies. The mini is for out and about and listening to music. I slide it under my pillow, lol. Both very handy. As for screen, I can't see a difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts