What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which version of iOS are you running?

Which version of iOS do you run on your iPad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With iOS 7 on the horizon, I wondered which version members are running right now.

Did you stick with iOS 4, or upgrade to a later version, and then stick with that, or do you make a habit of updating to the latest version as soon as it's released?

Comments welcome.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPhone 5 is currently on iOS 7 beta 2, and I'm updating one of my iPad 3's to iOS 7 beta 2 tomorrow.My other devices are on iOS 6.1.3.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both my iPad 2 and iPad mini are currently on 6.0.1. I've been dithering on jail breaking but just haven't plucked up the courage to do so as yet.

I plan on getting the next new iPad released and then will JB my iPad 2. Hopefully! ;)

Addendum: mine was the first vote! Please remember to actually cast your Vote! ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both my iPad 2 and iPad mini are currently on 6.0.1. I've been dithering on jail breaking but just haven't plucked up the courage to do so as yet.

I plan on getting the next new iPad released and then will JB my iPad 2. Hopefully! ;)

Addendum: mine was the first vote! Please remember to actually cast your Vote! ;)

All my devices are on 6.1.2 for exactly the same reason as you (apart from my iPad 1 of course!).

When iOS 7 gets released I'll move my Mini and iPhone 5 to that and leave my iPad 2 at iOS 6.1.2.

The Archangel

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
my ipad 2 is on 6.1.3 and my iphone 5 is on 6.1.4,i always update right away.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All my devices are on 6.1.2 for exactly the same reason as you (apart from my iPad 1 of course!).

When iOS 7 gets released I'll move my Mini and iPhone 5 to that and leave my iPad 2 at iOS 6.1.2.

The Archangel

I've been dithering now for the longest time! Quite a few JB's have come and gone and I still haven't! :O

My iPhone 5 is at 6.0.2......don't really care what that's on! ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been dithering now for the longest time! Quite a few JB's have come and gone and I still haven't! :O

My iPhone 5 is at 6.0.2......don't really care what that's on! ;)

I had my iPad 1 jailbroken for a while (thanks to the great advice here from f4780y and mickey330) but I never did enough with it. Next time I'm going to use it productively.

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had my iPad 1 jailbroken for a while (thanks to the great advice here from f4780y and mickey330) but I never did enough with it. Next time I'm going to use it productively.

The Archangel

Really....

We just have to do it this time! And have all those cookies we keep hearing about. ;)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Help! I cannot answer this poll...

I am running a version of every OS from 3.1.3 to 7b2, but 4.x, 5.x and 6.x specifically on my iPads! ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone 4S, touch 5 and iPad 4 on latest iOS 6.

iPad 2 on iOS 5.1.1 so I can retain Google maps. Those maps still work much better for my uses than Apple maps or the Google maps iPhone app. I won't upgrade unless forced to, as long as Google maps perform better for me.

Unless a firmware upgrade is minor (like for bug fixes only), I always wait for eager beavers to get it first. Then I look out for complaints and see whether I care about whatever's being complained about. That helps me decide whether and when to upgrade. When I do upgrade, I try it first on the device I care least about, so that if something goes wrong or I hate it, I've not screwed up the devices I count on most, lol.

Last edited:

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I update to latest version ASAHP (As Soon As Humanly Possible). Have not received update notifications yet. Is this because they're working on iOS 7?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I update to latest version ASAHP (As Soon As Humanly Possible). Have not received update notifications yet. Is this because they're working on iOS 7?
Quite likely. Apple won't be releasing any more iOS 6 updates with the imminent release of iOS 7 about 3 months away.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always the latest available. D/L Google map when ie became available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions