What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad Pro are you getting - WiFi or WiFi Cellular?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you picking up the iPad Pro, which version are you getting? Are you looking at just WiFi or are you hoping to pick one up which has Cellular built in?

Are there pros / cons to both? Will price be a factor? If you are getting the cellular version, which carrier are you looking to go with?

Sound off below and let us know your thoughts...

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i plumped for wifi only this time. my ipad2 (my last/current ipad) was cellular, but i never ever used it. just personal choice.

but, what i did occasionally use and will miss on the wifi only version is the GPS facility. the GPS acted as an "X marks the spot" or convenient sat nav function, even when i wasn't hooked up to cellular services. i will miss this to be honest.

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi... Price was a factor in this decision. Also can't imagine using this on my commutes and there's always Wifi wherever I end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got wifi only because I have a Karma Go and didn't feel like screwing around with my cellular plan. I don't think I'll actually use it on the go all that much anyway. Mostly at home, sometimes at the motel or in a lobby someplace. Mostly offline at that.

Lou Dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got wi-fi + cellular. I want connectivity no matter where I am.

Lou Dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not chosen a carrier yet. I will be choosing month to month carriers though so I can turn the service on or off as I choose.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
I have not chosen a carrier yet. I will be choosing month to month carriers though so I can turn the service on or off as I choose.

Good luck on your decision and keep us posted on which carrier you go with...

double07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with 128GB WiFI which I usually tether my iPhone data. This works out great for me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got the gold WiFi plus cellular version. It'll be useful with my navigation and astronomy apps.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wifi 32gb, gold. I've had iPads with cellular and rarely used it. Would have gone for 64 gb if that had been an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions