What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What swayed you to get the iPad Pro?

Ex_Brit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a PC for my main computing tasks and for when away from that I had an old slow-as-molasses netbook plus an iPad2 1st edition which I have sold to a friend for a song along with all the accessories I bought for it. There is an iPad Pro 128gb Wi-Fi + Cell enroute to me from China as we speak.
My eyes both have problems with AMD and I needed something big enough to read clearly when I'm away from my PC desk. I bought the Pro simply because it is larger, I assume easier to read. I can do a great deal on it of what I already do on my PC so it was a natural choice. The silicone case and flip cover arrive Monday, iPad Thursday and I am ordering the Logitech Create backlit keyboard as well. In the future I hope to buy the Pen, the odd connector or two plus that Sphero BB-8 droid..

I am relying on iTunes backups to transfer everything from the old tablet to the new one.

Last edited:

Tonyp12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen Size and multitasking.
As a musician, I use ForScore music reading app and love the large screen. Also do some home recording and the processing power and larger screen make a huge difference.

Reddrob97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
#1) Best available screen on a tablet.....wider color gamut, better antireflective coating, tru tone, brightest screen yet.
#2) Quad speakers! I have about 15 gigs of music alone on my Ipad.
#3) Size....I wanted a 9.7, But the fact that it is as thin, wide, and tall as an Air 2 was a selling point. If it was slightly larger or heavier that would have been a let down.
#4) Smart connecter option, least important. I just like my fingers, and wont get a keyboard ever. If I want that I'll pull out the laptop. Nice to have the option though if I change my mind.
#5) Pencil....Doubt I will ever blow a bill on a pencil. I cant draw much more than a stick man. Plus I just dont like anything on my screen but fingertips. But It's nice to know I have the same option as the larger Pro with the pencil.

hk91308

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was overdue for an upgrade from my IPad bought in 2011. Have the 12.9' Pro 128gb now for two weeks and love it for the screen size, speed, screen clarity. I spend 90% of my time on the road and at home on it with only 10% or so PC time for work.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I needed something to replace my Note 10.1 Tablet which is over 3 1/2 years old. Still works but Battery doesn't last as long. Since no new Note tablets, I tried the Windows SP3 and SP4, thought the 12" size would be too much, but got use to it. Hated how they heated up and the loud fans.

Only thing left was the Ipad Pro, and I love the bigger size for drawing and side by side. Plus the Apple Pencil was a incredible as I kept reading and hearing. Loving my choice still. Trust me It took me awhile to come over to the Ipad Pro, because I've never liked how much control Apple has over everything. No customization and a little behind on stuff Android has offered for awhile. I've owned an Ipad 2, 3, and 4, so I was used to their way of doing things somewhat. I still don't mind now, just something I have to accept.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me, the deciding factor was the features in the iPad Pro versus those in my iPad Air 2. My iPad Air 2 works fine, but the slide-over features of the iPad Pro were what made me look into this device.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For me, the deciding factor was the features in the iPad Pro versus those in my iPad Air 2. My iPad Air 2 works fine, but the slide-over features of the iPad Pro were what made me look into this device.

? The iPad Air 2 should do slide-over just fine, as long as it was updated to iOS 9. In this feature the 9.7 inch iPad Pro should be almost indistinquishable from the iPad Air 2.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I never updated my iPad Air 2, for some reason it never crossed my mind. I sold it to help finance the iPad Pro.

That makes sence. If I hadn't already purchased the 12.9" Pro I might have done the same. Well, I'd have probably done the update first, but that's because my curiosity almost always wins. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts