What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi or Cellular - which did you buy?

Wifi or Cellular - which did you buy?

• 16gb wifi only

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 32gb wifi only

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 64gb wifi only

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 128gb wifi only

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 16gb wifi + cellular

• 32gb wifi + cellular

• 64gb wifi + cellular

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 128gb wifi + cellular

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's one of the first questions we need to ask ourselves once we do decide to buy an iPad, do we buy a Wifi only iPad or the Cellular version?

The next question is what size do we buy?

So let us know what you opted for.

I myself have always bought the cellular version, just love the true GPS functionality which comes with cellular.

iPad 2 64gb wifi + cellular
iPad mini 32gb wifi + cellular
iPad Air 128gb wifi + cellular

NVRSLP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the cellular model because Sprint was offering free data! It is a great deal! :)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never had a problem woth 16 GB Wi-fi only. Never had any use for cellular. Never had any use for 32 GB, or 64 GB, or a 1 TB. All I need is in the starters.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 with wifi / cellular as a birthday gift and retina iPad w wifi only as a gift from myself.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wi-fi only, and it suits me fine. The only time I sort of regretted not having cellular is over the past week or so, while my replacement phone is on the way from Apple.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad Air 128 GB wifi/cellular since I use personal hotspot to connect my PC to the web. There are better wifi connections in Africa then in rural areas in the USA.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad Air 16g w/Cellular. Was easy to add it to my current data share plan with AT&T. My previous iPads were wifi and it sort of sucked sometimes when I didn't have access to the net.

ralber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WiFi only iPad2. Travel regularly overseas and have always been able to do the usual, mails and searches from free or sometimes paid WiFi sites.:)

Dmitry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 64Gb Wi-Fi only. I'm missing cellular a lot. It is great to stay connected wherever you are, but I never heard about free public Wi-Fi hotspots in Turkmenistan I'm living in. I don't remember why I bought a Wi-Fi only version, maybe, because the cellular option was not available at that time. I ordered mine from US immediately after this wonderful thing became available for purchase. For sure, my next iPad will be Wi-Fi + cellular.

Caesars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Air Wifi , I use my free hotspot (tmobile) whenever I need the data.

Note3/iPhone5s

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the wifi+cellular model of the iPad 4 because I like to bring it with me when I leave the house. I bought the wifi-only model of the iPad mini because it rarely leaves the house and is used mostly for reading books. I usually buy the lowest storage device because I rarely use more than 5 GB of storage.

Most reactions