What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which bluetooth keyboard do you use

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am out and about i use the ipad to write my short stories. I find the amount of the screen that the ipad keyboard takes up very limiting, so I have thought about using a bluetooth keyboard.

Can anyone recommend one, which is also portable as the ipad?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course there is the apple wireless one. And there is the Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth that staples has for 50$ I have been thinking of getting for my home pc.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I have the Freedom Keyboard. I wanted one that folded up and would fit in my bag. It isn't a great keyboard, but it is small. Personally if you have the space, I would go with the Apple wireless one.

keeder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Keyboard

I started using my Think Outside folding bluetooth keyboard but it was a little flaky and did not have the additional functions of the Apple keyboard (brightness, volume, etc.). After a couple of weeks including one frustrating day of taking notes with a customer while it kept repeating characters and some other weird issues, I ran to get the Apple keyboard and have not looked back.

I need to find a nice case to protect the keyboard as I travel a lot though.

-k-

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth

Of course there is the apple wireless one. And there is the Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth that staples has for 50$ I have been thinking of getting for my home pc.

Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth

Do a Google search and you will see this is a better keyboard than the Apple one, even for the Mac and the iPad.

I bought one and I agree. You also get a separate bluetooth keypad if you need to enter a ton of numbers. Both can sync at the same time to the iPad.

OP
M

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the look of the freedom I-connect because I travel a lot. The iPad has replaced my laptop in almost everything, and if i can get a compact keyboard, thats it, my laptop is going on ebay.

Ive done a search and the freedom is availiable in my local maplins for fifty pounds, so I may go that route.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the igo and apple bt one

Apples bt one is excellent, range is awesome

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Think Outside folding keyboard works well as probably the most portable option that is still practical. The laser/projector KB packs even smaller, but I have yet to try it. Would be cool for the novelty of it. At home, I'm using the Microsoft Entertainment 7000. I prefer the curved ergo shape.

thumpsup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@4phun:

"Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth

Do a Google search and you will see this is a better keyboard than the Apple one, even for the Mac and the iPad.

I bought one and I agree. You also get a separate bluetooth keypad if you need to enter a ton of numbers. Both can sync at the same time to the iPad."

Hey 4phun, how do you get them both to sync at the same time, im having trouble with that. i can only seem to get one or the other working, and from what i can tell by other forums, ppl are having the same issue:/

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am out and about i use the ipad to write my short stories. I find the amount of the screen that the ipad keyboard takes up very limiting, so I have thought about using a bluetooth keyboard.

I have the Apple Wireless keyboard. It paired with my iPad and iPod is seconds. Works flawlessly. Great range, works in the next room. As an added bonus, it has function keys that work with the iPad and iPod. You can increase/decrease brightness and increase/decrease volume or mute audio.

kevgreen36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluetooth on i pad help

my apple i phone 3gs will not pick up my ipad bluetooth and visa versa,any ideas.

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am currently writing a novel and three blogs on the iPad using the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard ($69.00 Cost). It is working extremely well and is just a little longer than the iPad, so it is very easy to carry with me as I travel. It also fits very nicely on an airplane folding seat tray.

The Apple Bluetooth Keyboard is an extremely well designed keyboard and it is also very fast. The speed factor to me is very important as I type around 100 words per minute.

Last edited:

dcamjones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this may be a dumb question, but the keyboard allows for easier typing, but does it also allow for other functions on the ipad? ie, Tab key moves between icons?

Most reactions

Latest posts