What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where or how to buy ipad 2 with baseband 4.3.3? Help!!!

dolphin19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to buy an ipad 2 that I will be able to jailbreak it, and as I know, it has to be on 4.3.3 . So can anyone tell me where or how I can buy it, PLEASE?

Is it possible? Or should I just rather buy ipad 1?

Thank you!

david412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dolphin19 said:
Hi,
I want to buy an ipad 2 that I will be able to jailbreak it, and as I know, it has to be on 4.3.3 . So can anyone tell me where or how I can buy it, PLEASE?

Is it possible? Or should I just rather buy ipad 1?

Thank you!

I really don't think your going to find an iPad with that os version I'm pretty sure as soon as you plug in to activate your stuck with 4.3.5 I made the mistake of syncing my iPad and it upgraded it to 4.3.5 I was mad I wouldn't go for the iPad first gen iOS 5 will be here soon. The iPad 2 is like night and day compared to the 1st gen iPad just my advice. Corey

Sent from my iPad using iPF

david412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
liable said:
Look at toys r us they have older stock

Hi you will still have to connect ti iTunes to activate it will upgrade the OS automatically

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi you will still have to connect ti iTunes to activate it will upgrade the OS automatically

No. That's not correct. If you plug an iPad in to iTunes with firmware that is not the latest, iTunes will tell you that it needs updating. BUT - you do not have to accept the update.

Just to clear things up...

Marilyn

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No. That's not correct. If you plug an iPad in to iTunes with firmware that is not the latest, iTunes will tell you that it needs updating. BUT - you do not have to accept the update.

Marilyn

Yes that is how my story went. I bought from craigslist and 4.3.3 was on it. 4.3.4 (or 4.3.5) was already out so when iTunes asked to update I opted for big NO! Otherwise I would not be jailbroken right now.

seamus517

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

Yes that is how my story went. I bought from craigslist and 4.3.3 was on it. 4.3.4 (or 4.3.5) was already out so when iTunes asked to update I opted for big NO! Otherwise I would not be jailbroken right now.

I just picked up an Open Box 64GB 3G Verizon with 4.3.3 from Best Buy last week. It was a shot in the dark through since it was resealed, and even if could have opened it to take a look, it had been "deactivated" and I had to connect it to iTunes before I could use it. iTunes 10 tried to get me to upgrade my firmware to 4.3.5, but I just told it no, and to remember that choice.

I also saw some display models at Sam's Club that were 4.3.(0), so there are some old ones out there.

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seamus517 said:
I just picked up an Open Box 64GB 3G Verizon with 4.3.3 from Best Buy last week. It was a shot in the dark through since it was resealed, and even if could have opened it to take a look, it had been "deactivated" and I had to connect it to iTunes before I could use it. iTunes 10 tried to get me to upgrade my firmware to 4.3.5, but I just told it no, and to remember that choice.

I also saw some display models at Sam's Club that were 4.3.(0), so there are some old ones out there.

So you jail broke it?

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not much use to you in USA but for UK buyers, I bought an iPad 2 from HMV store in Aberdeen which was 4.3.3 on October 4th, they had two more in stock. There is also an Apple store in that City so I guess HMV do not turn over many units. I imagine any UK city with an Apple store and an HMV could potentially turn up 4.3.3 from old stock.

Oh and by the way 4.3.3 is not the baseband, it is the firmware version.

Last edited:

schwazche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to determine the firmware version on a boxed iPad2? Serial number range or packaging perchance?

Most reactions

Latest posts