What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the World?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Based on the fact that the Queen's House is a fair distance from the planetarium and the time ball,I would say that the answer would properly be Greenwich Park,covering almost 183 acres,southeast of the London city center.

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Al of the questions have been answered.

Scifan, you gave the correct answer to the one outstanding question, so the baton is in your hands,so to speak. I attach some other pictures of the park. One I could have used as stage 3 of the reveal.

Re Harrison's Planetarium, I took some people there to enjoy a show in a really state-of-the-art place. Guess what, the computer driving the show crashed twice. So we enjoyed a rerun of the show,much to the presenter's embarrassment!

I love the juxtaposition of the moon and the midday ball.

image-1910494594.jpg

image-3908693665.jpg

image-2025983787.jpg

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one.
Where would you be if you saw this view?what are we looking at?

image-3797395108.jpg

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
That would be the "Rocket Jets" spinner style ride at Tomorrowland at Disneyland, California,
United States of America.

The attraction opened in July 1967 and closed in January of 1997. It replaced an earlier 1950s era ride called "Astro-Jets."

A similar ride called "Star-Jets" opened in 1983 at Disneyland Tokyo.

AA

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Well this is rather embarrassing as I have no suitable pictures in my iPad or iPhone, to mount a copyright free challenge.

I offer this ... And if it's to outside the rules, or obscure, someone else can post.

Two summers ago, I found this ....
image-1755506668.jpg

washed up on the north shore of Lake Erie. That's on the Ontario, Canada side of the lake.

I'm certain you know what it is. And because of where I found it, I'm certain it was part of a large shipment being taken to a nearby facility.

What's in the picture and what facility was it destined for?

I've asked Skimonkey to monitor while I catch some winks. I'll be back in 5 hours.

AA

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's heading towards the 3 hour mark without any responses to Admiral's latest challenge. I will be heading to bed myself. Should any of you like to play, Admiral will be back here in ~ 2 hours to further assist/provide clues to his latest challenge. Good luck!

Thank you,

Skimonkey

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a chunk of coal from one of the many shipwrecks on lake Erie over the years.It may have been part of a shipment heading for the Nanticoke coal fired generating station at Nanticoke,Ontario.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where would you find this building?

image-1837300980.jpgIt's been repainted in different colours since I took this picture.w

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct,Admiral,it's across the street from the Empress hotel,at the corner of Wharf and Government Streets.
Your turn,Admiral.

Most reactions

Latest posts