What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the World

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I won't have time to monitor a challenge, any member who chooses may post the next challenge.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Pictured below is a section of a large freshwater archipelago. It is a designated national park territory, populated by tens of thousands of islands.

Looking for the following .....

Name of the park.
The body of water it's situated on.
Approximate number of islands.
Name of the largest island.
Name of the very old geological formation the park is part of.
BONUS question if it's too easy ..... It is habitat to what endangered species of reptile.

Good luck and have fun!

AA

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the Thousand Islands National Park, situated in the Thousand Islands Region of Saint Lawrence River.
The park has 21 islands and many smaller islets, the region has about 1,864 islands. The largest island is Wolfe Island.
It is part of the Canadian Shield.

The islands are habitat to the grey rat snake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_Islands_National_Park

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint. So I'll have to keep on searching.

It's not as easy as you supposed, as you see now. :) At least not for me. :oops:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next attempt, more to the North:
Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve, with more than 2000 islands and islets, located on the north shore of Gulf of St. Lawrence.

The islands formed after the last glaciation, exposing the limestone rocks to wind and water, which resulted in the known limestone sculptures.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two of them that I found, next to each other, in Georgian Bay: Fathom Five National Marine Park and Bruce Peninsula National Park. The second picture of the first post on this topic shows a part of Flowerpot Island, which is now part of Fathom Five National Marine Park, but belonged to the other one before. On the other hand: In Bruce Peninsula National Park, you can find the endangered massassauga rattlesnake, which would answer the bonus question.
Bruce Peninsula contains part of the Niagara Escarpment, whichs caprock is dolomitic limestone (dolostone).

Maybe these are not right either, but the bonus for me so far was that I got to know four Canadian national parks which I'd never heard of before. :)

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Georgian Bay National Park. There are about 63 islands inside the park boundaries. Georgian Bay is located on Lake Huron.

Beausoleil Island is the largest island in the park. The islands are part of the Canadian Shield.

The snake is the endangered Massasauga Rattlesnake.
image.jpg

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The location is Georgian Bay National Park. The archipelago it's part of has 30,000 islands according to Parks Canada.

Still looking for the name of the largest island.
Name of the very old geological formation the park is part of.

However, I won't be able to monitor the challenge for several hours so to advance game play the challenge is considered won by @scifan57 ...

Take it away ...

AA

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Georgian Bay National Park. There are about 63 islands inside the park boundaries. Georgian Bay is located on Lake Huron.

Beausoleil Island is the largest island in the park. The islands are part of the Canadian Shield.

The snake is the endangered Massasauga Rattlesnake.View attachment 58440

Sorry didn't refresh my page so I missed this.
Bingo. @scifan57 proceed with the next challenge.

AA

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is this building and where is it located? I would also like to know something of how it came to be in its present state.
image.jpg

Most reactions