What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the World

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another picture:
image.jpg

Wikipedia
The island "sits" in the Atlantic Ocean.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The island is natural reserve. The navy of the country where it belongs to watches over it.

Translated, the island's name would mean "the island of the big land-clearing fire".

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's home to one of the most venomous snakes of the world. It's the only species of snakes on the island. A documentary claims that on some places there's one snake per square meter.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is the Ilha da Queimada Grande off the coast of São Paulo, Brazil. It is also known as Snake Island.

There was just 1 inhabitant, the lighthouse keeper, but currently, the Brazilian Navy bans civilians from this island.

This island is the only home to the Golden Launcehead viper (Bothrops insularis), which is one of the most venomous snakes in the world.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 102

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the Ilha da Queimada Grande off the coast of São Paulo, Brazil. It is also known as Snake Island.

There was just 1 inhabitant, the lighthouse keeper, but currently, the Brazilian Navy bans civilians from this island.

This island is the only home to the Golden Launcehead viper (Bothrops insularis), which is one of the most venomous snakes in the world.
This is the correct answer. :)
Your turn to post the next challenge. - And thank you for answering. :)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is the correct answer. :)
Your turn to post the next challenge. - And thank you for answering. :)

Thank you!

And : You're welcome. I possibly couldn't have searched for the answer while I was sleeping. :D But I guess it was a tough time for you to check back at intervals overnight. Will you get a bit of sleep now?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you!

And : You're welcome. I possibly couldn't have searched for the answer while I was sleeping. :D But I guess it was a tough time for you to check back at intervals overnight. Will you get a hit of sleep now?
I'll try - it's 8:00 am here, and the birds are chirping outside.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the Giants causeway on the North-East coast of Northern Ireland. It's the result of an ancient volcanic eruption and is composed of about 40,000 hexagonal columns of basalt.

The nearest town is Bushmills, about 3 miles to the South-West.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I won't be able to monitor a challenge so the next challenge is open to any member who chooses to post.

Most reactions

Latest posts