What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where has my contact list gone?

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I want to do a mass email to my contacts and send BCC, the contact list is empty. But if I put an initial then I get a list of contacts with that initial. So I can send an email to an individual.
I have been able to do this in the past but now I cannot.
Have I accidently turned something off?

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using GMail? Then click the click on the word 'Mail' in the top left corner of Gmail (right above the Compose button). Then you will see there is a selection for Contacts. So you can choose from there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are talking about the Mail app, the feature is still there. If you have not done so, try the common fixes listed below and see if it comes back. Also, if you are jailbroken, make sure you check any of your mail tweaks.

Besides entering the initial, once you tap the Bcc field a plus (+) icon should show up to the right of the entry field. This will pop up a small, searchable list of contacts.

----------------------------------------
When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
F

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I regularly clear the ram and I also have done a reset. But still I do not get my full list of contacts.
But when I go to compose and select BCC and click on the 'X' I only get one of my contacts on the drop down list. The same one each time.
As I said, I know my contacts are there as if I select an initial, then contacts with that initial are there.

OP
F

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonia ferdous said:
Are you using GMail? Then click the click on the word 'Mail' in the top left corner of Gmail (right above the Compose button). Then you will see there is a selection for Contacts. So you can choose from there.

I am using gmail, but it seems that I am not getting the page that you are.
The compose button is on the right of the page next to the reply button. There is no 'mail' in the top left corner.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that the auto suggest in Mail only works with the contact's name. If you are trying for their email address, it won't find it (unless it begins with their name, of course).

OP
F

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Hold in mind that the auto suggest in Mail only works with the contact's name. If you are trying for their email address, it won't find it (unless it begins with their name, of course).

That's not the issue. I need to bring up ALL my contacts for a mass mailing as I asked in my original question. I used to be able to do this, but why not now is the question.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's not the issue. I need to bring up ALL my contacts for a mass mailing as I asked in my original question. I used to be able to do this, but why not now is the question.

Mail and Contacts on the iPad has never had group mailing, at least not directly; so I'm not sure what you used to be able to do.

However; the app MailShot will allow you to create special contact entries for sending group emails. I've never used it myself, but it is the most recommended solution on the forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts