What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will native PDF file support be available?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a pain to have to convert pdf files to ebook format. When will the ipad bookshelf support actual pdf files? And how will these pdf files get onto the ipad? TIa.

mitch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are tons of apps the read PDF's ,No need to convert files. Go to App store to find one you like

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next iBooks update, expected by the end of the month, will allow you to read PDF documents in iBooks. I assume the way you transfer PDFs will be the same as how you do it with ePub...just drag the book into your library in iTunes.

I probably won't use iBooks unless they could create folders in there though. I have a lot of PDFs that are organized like "manuals" "awards" and so forth.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a pain to have to convert pdf files to ebook format. When will the ipad bookshelf support actual pdf files? And how will these pdf files get onto the ipad? TIa.

Stanza reads regular pdfs.

GoodReader for $0.99 is the single best pdf reader on the iPad.

Too many options, folders, file management, etc.

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should try "Fast PDF" app,i like it better than goodreader imo,it has the bookshelf layout like ibooks..

deaffob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol what in the world are you talking about letsappleit? They were updated months ago to read pdfs already. Read the first page, someone mention it there also.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox supports PDF reads them and let's you save them in book reading apps.
I've recently transferred a 350megabyte PDF with Dropbox and saved it to iBooks.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do the same as iVan - safe on normal computer, bung it into dropbox, and save the file from dropbox on my ipad to iBooks.

Simples. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts